Friday, December 13, 2013

Finding Something to Enjoy....

Cold weather comes and I keep thinking---is there any place  to  hide from the Pain that comes with these  crazy weather changes?   The answer comes swift--no place to hide, just have to ride it out and wait for the Sunshine to peek its beautiful rays out again.   

Who feels like doing anything when your body is throbbing with Pain that simply will not stop hurting?   I can rise quickly to anger-snapping at my husband for no reason, apologizing over and over for being so irritable.   During the past few months we have both talked about how I need a 
"New Project" to occupy my mind as  I cope  with the ups  and downs of Chronic Pain.   

I verbally agreed with him but silently thought "Give it a rest!  Nothing is going to help my mood  right now, Nothing!"   Its the rut we can all slide into---Pain rising and falling with the Weather, having LONG nights like the one I am having now~~~Sleep seems to hide, I search for something to do besides sit and watch the television (after 2:00am--not much to see on the screen)  and so I reach for my computer keys--hoping the words will help.   

Then I stop and pray~~ "Lord  I thank you for all the blessings you send my way!   If you don't mind, I could  really use some HELP  right now with this miserable Leg Pain!"   I know my prayers are heard--I must find patience for the answer.......

So how would I know there was something just  around the corner that could bring me some wonderful Joy---we had lunch today at one of our Special places to eat--meaning its so much more than a restaurant!   There is a theatre upstairs for out of town Musicians to display their talents, an Art Studio at the end for both young and old artists to learn the joy of putting brush to canvas and see what comes to life!   

Today the latest addition almost seemed to "Have my Name on the door" as  I glanced  to see a sign that  read "Textile Studio" ~~something pushed me to go take a look.  My husband was lingering behind, telling me over and over "I don't think this part is opened yet.  Lets wait for another  day to see it" but I never heard his words.  As I stepped into the Studio--it was like a huge Pandora's box of Wall to Wall Fabrics  greeted me!   The  Shelving ran from the floor to the ceiling (very old building--walls are 12 feet high or more)  and I could not take my eyes away from this glorious arrangement of Fabrics!  

Quilts made by others hung in various display--I kept walking and whispered to my husband "Have you ever seen anything like this?"   He wasn't  taking in all the beauty I was seeing--but instead  was standing in silent awe as his wife suddenly was like a young girl--having discovered a beautiful treasure!   A clerk approached me and began explaining how the store was designed and let me know there would be an upcoming Class on learning how to Quilt!

I could not fill the  paperwork  out fast enough--as I knew this was  a place I wanted to see over and over again!  As we got home, my husband told me "You were like a little Girl--I haven't seen that much excitement in you for  a  long time!"   

The classes will start soon and I will be there~~~loving every moment of being surrounded by so much beauty!  Wish me Luck on my First Quilt!

God please be with all the people who are suffering with Pain--bring them comfort!

martha

No comments:

Post a Comment