Monday, August 1, 2011

The "Gift" of blogging through the Pain

When I began this blog months ago, there were no real expectations of what might come my way from doing a blog about Chronic Pain. My writing started, and it was filled with my daily battle against this enemy that I can't see but feel 24 hours a day. Slowly, I found my blogging beginning to reach past myself as I encountered other people in my life. I could see they, too, were suffering with Chronic Pain, and my heart ached for them. I would get sad if somebody didn't "comment" on my blog, kind of like giving me that pat on the back, saying "good job, keep it up." I found myself wanting to quit, but something spurred me on, and I have kept this blog going. I might not blog as often, but a thought or feeling will hit me, and I can't get to my computer quick enough to put words down as I open my heart and pour out what I am feeling.  


Little did I know there was a very special "gift" coming my way via my blog. A special person left her comment one day, and it touched me deeply. As the months went by, she would leave a comment, and I was brave enough to respond back and thank her for the caring words she left me. A unique bond was forming, unknown to both of us, a friendship was growing between us, and it felt like we had already known each other for years. She has her own blog, and I have recently begun to read it and am becoming one of her followers, as the phrase go. We have been forming a "WI-FI"friendship and discussed the hope of meeting each other one day.  


Today the "Gift" arrived, and we finally met via  a simple phone call. It was wonderful! Without doubt, we have formed a bond that will last through the years. Out of the deepest physical suffering Chronic Pain brings to us daily, something caring and beautiful has grown past the suffering! A blessing no doubt this is, and we lift each other up daily in prayer. We might not be able to fix each other's pain, but sharing and talking about our struggles is wonderful.  


I am always looking for just one moment of joy each day, and it was a phone conversation with my good friend. Pain did not win any victory today. I urge each of you to keep fighting, keep looking past the Pain, and I pray you find your own special moment of joy. My prayers are with you.

3 comments:

  1. Martha, you do seem to make me cry! Our phone conversation was pure joy and I thank God for bringing you into my life. Never would I have thought pain would bond us together! The commonalities of our lives - from childhood on - is amazing. This was God's Divine Appointment. Thank you for writing about me! (Big smile!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad pain didn't have the victory! WAHOO! Isn't it amazing how blogging has brought people together who would never have known each other. I'm so blessed to have come to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just couldn't be happier for BOTH of you! On that note, think I'm gonna cry.... :-)

    ReplyDelete