Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Asking for HELP--before we even know its needed.......

One minute everything seemed fine--I felt well, was staying busy doing the things I  love--sewing, quilting, and being with my husband.    I have had my  share of  serious bouts  of illness--staph infections  that had me in the hospital--suffering through the hard recovery and  making it one day at a time, with God's loving Grace.

I did not  know what lay around the corner for me--within hours of  feeling so good and then finding myself in the back of  an ambulance--rushing to the hospital!  My memory from there on is very fuzzy~~but I  have a vivid  recollection of sitting in my chair  and suddenly uttering these words---
'Lord-its been a long time since I was really sick--I sure hope it does  NOT happen again but if  it does, PLEASE watch over me  and help me recover from it.!!" 

Asking for Prayers--before  I knew what lay ahead frightened me for  a few  seconds but I  leaned hard on my faith and felt all  was fine.   Hours later I  woke my husband and he knew something was seriously wrong with me.

I believe when we pray, our  words are HEARD and my heart tells me HE was right beside me all the way and will continue seeing me through the long road to recovery.  My body feels as if it was run over by a  Train--and recovery  is NOT easy.   Yet I am so thankful to be here, and I do 
lift my heart in major Thanksgiving to The Lord....

martha

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you and so grateful for the force you are, Martha! I love you!

    ReplyDelete