Saturday, October 26, 2013

What can we do when Nothing makes Pain go Away?

 Its different for each person who lives with Pain~~~meaning we all have our "Pain Habits" in which we reach out to, a way of Wrapping our  Pain up  and hoping against hope  it will simply  go away!
The list of "Comfort items" can go like this~~ Heating Pads everywhere, Special Pillow, our Favorite Comforter/Quilt to keep us warm, a cup of Steaming Hot  Tea, and Favorite old Shows from years ago that we have recorded on our TV, and last but not least--pajamas or Sweat Shirt that top off  our list of needed items for hopeful  Pain relief.

I have my regular  routine of  getting comfortable  when Pain is  throbbing and its definitely a  way of letting people know--"I need to just slip  away today, so please let me sit and do nothing at all."  Yes  all of  these  things serve to help comfort me when I am hurting~~~but as I go through the roughest moments of Pain--I am PRAYING!  Sometimes all I can say is "Help  Me Please"   and my  words grow in desperation as I  find the words  coming out  during the long dark hours of the night--"Please God,  Please  help me get through this."   

Before I  know it, time  has passed and the Pain has settled down to a slow hum--but I know there will be  more rough nights ahead~~~it seems to just go with the territory.    I just looked out the window~~Seems like another Weather System is coming in!   Best  go  gather all my "Comfort Items" up and settle in for the evening.

I pray for HIS loving hand to hold me up.   As the words flow from my lips, I feel a "peace" settle  round me,  and I know this too shall pass.    

martha

2 comments:

  1. Yep…just what we talked about…How God provides the comfort, grace, and strength for each day. Blessings and love to you, dear one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judi. HE does provide our needs--one simple day at a time.
      My prayers are with you too. love,martha

      Delete