Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pieces of Nerve Damage you don't See~~~~~~

Chronic Pain has No problem in picking parts of  the Body to settle in-you don't  get  to choose~~one day you get up-and Pain begins.  If you have the mis-fortune of a Nerve being injured somewhere in your body~~~the journey starts, with the Injury sometimes out of view-the only noticeable change begins with people asking "Is Everything Okay?"  If only we could fully explain the problem..

 When asked about the Pain I live with each day, my answer comes fast~~"Well,my  butt, leg, and foot feel  like its All on Fire--because I fell out of a tree, landed Hard on my Bottom, which really messed the Sciatic Nerve up!"  Some will ask me to Show them where it hurts~~all I can think is "Are you Serious?"  I mumble something about "Nerve Damage you can't see" and move on.

I have met people who were injured severely and are paralyzed from the waist down-yet they feel the exact same Burning Pain I do~~its called "Phantom Nerve Pain" as the Brain is  still thinking "wait a minute--where did everything go!"  

Try to comprehend  what our young Military people go through-injured in ways they never dreamed of and facing lengthy recovery time~~many are missing Legs, Arms, and so much more we do not see.  We thank them for their Service~~~but when we see a Missing Limb or one too young who lives in a wheelchair, the question "Is Everything Okay" stays silent-the answer is right in front of us.

Nerve Damage/Chronic Pain can last a lifetime for so many~~~please offer a Prayer up-asking God to Comfort all who face this battle each day.  One simple Prayer helps~~~trust me, I know Prayers help.

Thank you God for every word of Prayer spoken.

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment