Monday, April 22, 2013

Facing Pain-one wicked moment at a time~~~

Photo from Internet 

Do you ever have one of those weeks where it seems Pain has taken over and all you can do is crawl up into a tight ball-pleading for the throbbing to  stop?   This past week was my turn--it was an effort to even pull myself  out of bed,  rushing to turn heating pads on HIGH and waiting, hoping, praying for the Pain to slow down.  Nothing was working-I had told my husband" Well we either go see my Pain Doctor or just go ahead and take me to the hospital!"

I stumbled across this particular photo one night while surfing the Web and it grabbed  my attention~~ as I thought of breaking the word down-one letter at a time and wrapping it around the
Physical Pain I go through constantly.  It didn't take long for thoughts  to fly  and emotions released

P--pain, problem, pathetic, personal, pleading,prayer~~~My Pain is very Personal to me  as it  has  caused so many problems to come my way, leaving me to  Feel very Pathetic at times, and taking me to my Knees in Prayer----as I am Pleading for courage to keep fighting back and pushing myself to find simple moments of Joy.

A--anger, anguish, awful, acceptance~~~ I lost count over the years as  to the number of  times Anger rises in me because of the Pain I live with each day--moments of deep anguish and sorrow have followed me as I spent too many years blaming myself for climbing a tree and falling.  It took years for me to finally admit "Time for Acceptance  of the Pain--I  had a bad accident, wish I had never fallen---but I am still here,  and I give Thanks to God for that amazing fact.

I~inside, insist, interesting, I/me~~~people think all "looks" good with me-but if they could  take a glimpse Inside my body, they would see the Sciatic Nerve  choked tight with Scar Tissue- as I insist the Furious Burning flowing up and down my leg to Stop.  I find my Pain textbook 
waiting for me at the Pain Doctor's  Office--so many faces, young and old-all with Pain issues that one does not see~~~my Lesson comes when I push Me aside and LISTEN to others--their stories are
filled with interesting pieces  of life~~and when they ask me "What  happened to you-why are you  hurting so bad?"   The look on their face tells me so much when I answer "Well I fell out of a tree!"

N~~~never, no, nothing, nonsense~~~how I wish this had never happened to me, but you can't spend your life looking back-instead I choose to say a firm No to those moments of giving up.  Instead I push forward~~there are so many days when it feels like I have Nothing left to push the Pain back~~~and it hits me "Nonsense Martha-you have all the tools needed to keep the battle going and in the midst of dark times, you have FAITH and HOPE.  

Pain is a wicked word~~~but I choose to keep facing it, learning so much as I see others suffering  and living in spite of terrible Pain.  It really comes down to this~~~ PAIN WON'T BEAT ME...  It will shake me up, knock me down, toss me around, bring me to the ground, but with the grace of God, I will keep facing Pain, one wicked day at a time, and smile with delight as I catch a moment of Joy.

God be with all who are suffering~~~I pray your days get better.

martha

4 comments:

  1. Guess what? I threw my lower back/hip out today. I had this searing pain in my hip and down my leg. All I did, was bend to brush Kodak's fur.

    GRRRRRR...

    Sometimes, I feel as if I have a bullseye on my back.

    I guess you can tell what frame of mind I'm in...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh No Diane!!!

      I was thinking of your comment about your "frame of Mind"and I feel so bad for you---lets just PRAY this will settle down.. I never was a big fan of ICE PACKS but when I had the neck done---I learned to LOVE them... ICE for24 hours and then HEAT on and off.

      GEEZ---I am sorry---because I am sounding like a doctor and I am NOT a Doctor--but definitely a CARING Friend!!! Please take good care of YOU my dear... This can escalate fast--or settle down... I am saying "Dear Lord--PLEASE pour your LOVE upon Diane and ease the Pain she is in!!"

      love you dear friend. martha

      Delete
  2. Your writing of your persistent pain helps other talk about theirs, you have understanding answers for them. Your post was a good piece of writing sister...going to copy it for further use. I just thought of this:
    P-prayer---pain drives you to pray
    A-affirming---pain affirms you are indeed alive
    I-insight---pain gives you insight to others suffering
    N-need--pain has caused you to need others, who in turn need you.

    You are so right my wise sister, pain will not beat you. The devil hates your courage...there is always someone who needs to see your courage, read it, even if it's only one person. This is Christlike. If one person had been the only one lost Jesus would have come to earth, died, and rose again for that "one". Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty~~
      Well you have a unique way of cutting through the Pain and getting to the Heart Of It!!! You helped me greatly with your version of breaking the word PAIN down!!! I will be honest and tell you its been HARD lately---very hard... I am struggling to battle so many different physical pains--and I have felt beaten down---but something deep within me pulls--and helps me to slowly Rise up--that something is the LORD....

      I look at my postings in the way you said Betty---if only ONE person reads it, and can say "well, gee--somebody else hurts like I do" my prayers are answered.... Because I know how isolated PAIN can make you become...

      Today I am pushing myself out of my chair---its my 38th Wedding Anniversary--the day God blessed me with my Matt!!!!! We have nothing planned--except to be together,maybe drive around and go see the church where we got married... its about 30 miles away....

      Now we look forward to each year The Lord will give us.... Love you Betty!!! always..martha

      Delete