Tuesday, May 14, 2013

'Can you live like this?"

A question poised to me by my Pain Management Doctor~~~as we discussed my NECK issues and me being open to possible Surgery.  She had to ask the tough question--after all she is my doctor and sees me at her office and the massive Sack of PAIN is attached to ne,  I try to put myself in her shoes for a few seconds~~Doctors want to Heal their patients, hoping to see us back on the road to recovery and living life to its fullest. 

Each time I  see my Doctor--a thought will hit  me "I must be a very Bitter Pill for her to Swallow" after   sixteen years of  treating me for Chronic Pain  and realizing my moments of Relief  will not last long and we will see each other again,  Its an eye-opener for me when the phone rings on a Sunday Afternoon and the voice on the other end of the line is my Doctor~~~wanting to know how I am feeling.

We have a honest discussion-me putting all my Pain cards on the table and after much discussion, we both know its not going to help much for a New Shuffle---but she does amaze me as I mention reading about some new treatment prospects.  Its a back and forth talk and I know she is hearing every single word I  say---not because of feeling obligated to listen--but she listens with a heart that cares deeply for all of her patients.

We arrive back to that hard question"Can you live like this?"  My answer comes quick---"Yes--I can do this, I can live with Pain each day and night" as I know life is precious and I will always push forward to find some brief moments of joy.  After I hang the phone up---I look upward and say words that Are heard~~~~"This is going to be a Rough Ride---please help me get through this!" 

You can live with Pain--I am proof  of someone who does it and there is an ocean of Pain Faces across this world who are doing the same thing each day.   You are Not alone.   

God bless. Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment