Sunday, May 26, 2013

I needed a SHTICK!!

Courtesy of: theShticks.com

I have held onto this "Gift" from Veronica/the creator of theShticks.com----wanting to find the right moment to share it, and finally decided it was more important to explain the WHY of my latest Shtick images.  If anyone would have told me "Your SHTICK--the one who stands on the rock~~is getting ready to be hit with flames of Pain that will take you to the ground" I would shake my head and say "Nah--the leg and back pain is enough" ~~~well life does not always meet our expectations and I have been hit with a brand new challenge--Neck Pain!

This new Pain has turned me into a person who has to stick my arm out in a sudden rush of protection when someone is starting to Hug me~~~all I can do is say "Please don't touch my Neck, Please!"  People back away quickly, I am trying to explain my reaction--its exhausting, frustrating, and makes me very sad at times!

A Hug can be healing, comforting~~serving to remind us that people do care about us, and now I am forced to back away from hugs.  One night after a wicked battle of feeling like my entire body was on fire--I had a dream~~ SHTICK drama~~~full force all the way!  My strong SHTICK was looking down at this 
sad flaming SHTICK-beaten to the ground by Pain, curled up and looking very un-SHTICK like!

The strong SHTICK knew how to help the Burning SHTICK find her way back~~it was just within her reach~~ the HAMMER~~~as the Flames grew, she could "Feel" the strong SHTICK nearby, yelling words of help "Grab that Hammer~~you can do it~~we will get through the Flames together!"

The next morning after this rather unusual dream, I emailed Veronica--giving her a description of my dream and asking for one more SHTICK~~~and she came through for me!  I will always feel her hand being guided by a much Stronger Power~~~who has filled this woman with a talent that brings comfort to so many.

So its one day at a time, taking each wave of Pain as it comes.  My SHTICKS hang on the wall above my computer~~~and I bless the day forever in having met Veronica.  

God bless all who must suffer with Pain--you are not alone.

Martha

4 comments:

  1. Martha, thank you for being so giving! Your heart visions are so inspiring and shine right through any pain! I can hear your voice all over again through this written account telling me of that one dream! It binds you and me together in love! My strong, strong Martha! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sweet Veronica~~~
      You mean so much to me--the list is long and I could go on forever,but what truly stands out
      in our Friendship is how you GET IT!! Meaning you HEAR my PAIN---and your heart was able to take my words of Pain and that TALENT of yours----flowed and gave me SHTICK help at a time when I truly needed it!!

      BLess you for sharing your Talent with me~~~I am seeing my Pain Doctor on June 03rd and will be showing her my SHTICKS---she has been very interested in my Pain Won't Beat me SHTICK!!!

      We are stuck together my dear--the SHTICKS have their arms wrapped around us!

      love you too. martha

      Delete
  2. Martha, that dream sounds to me like Jesus - He will lift you out of this pain! When you walk through the fire... He is with you and you shall not be burned... I pray that for you! And the prayers of communion, that by His body broken for you, His blood poured out for you, you are healed in Him...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pam-
      what a blessed reminder of the love Jesus has for us. HE paid the price and your words humble me--reminding me always that I am not alone. Your prayers mean so much and I know they are helping me--especially at the times when its hard for me to find prayer-filled words. I am so blessed to have you in my life... love, martha

      Delete