Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The "new" Blog Look!

I look at my "New" blog design and it hits me as to why this choice~~the background images reflect Age-the walls are old and show a lot of "wear & tear."  Photos hanging on the wall, showing images of a very different era,  the "Crank Phone" image transports me back to being a very young girl, watching my Grandma giving the phone a few turns, reaching her friends and talking for hours. 


In many ways I feel like  the aged Walls~~~my body carries a ton of aches and pain.   Here I am in the dark of night--while others sleep, I am typing away,  trying to put my frustration with Pain into  words and not having much success with it.

Lately I seem to have a rough edge all around me~~like the old wallpaper,  the wear and tear of a long battle with Pain is showing on me.  I can't erase the awful day when I fell out of a Tree--no changing that fact, instead I must keep tugging at "my bootstraps" and keep moving down the road of life.

Yes, the old walls are a reflection for me as I continue on~~Joy is still out there, just waiting for me to find it.  I refuse to give up...........

God bless all who are suffering.  You are not alone.    
martha

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the wear and tear is showing…I know it shows on me. But there is a patina to it as well, like on much-loved old walls and rich old furniture, is there not? The patina hints at the value… and WE are PRICELESS! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Patina"~yes Judi--the VALUE of taking another look and allowing the beauty of Aging Furniture, walls, phone--I can see the Shine pouring through. It is a wonderful feeling to understand Value and allowing the feeling of PRICELESS to slide in.

    PAIN is one tough foe to push aside~~~last night was a Hard round of Pain for me. Cold weather on the way and my body feeling so weary as the thought of having to Climb into the Ring again and again. Perhaps we are like an aging "Rocky"--yes, the wear and tear is showing but oh my, PATINA certainly does shine and we are PRICELESS!! Bless you Judi! all my love, martha

    ReplyDelete