Monday, December 2, 2013

Chronic Pain~~~a Silent Thief

I have a dear friend who suffers with Chronic Pain~~He amazes me with his Silent Dignity in the face of Pain that could easily take the strongest person to the ground.  I can tell how he is doing simply by the sound of  his voice and my heart aches for what he must  endure each day.

Chronic Pain has taken so much from him--simple physical activity  he once cherished  is now changed, each move he takes  is careful and deliberate.  The last  thing he needs is any further  injury to his aching Body.   We check on each other, pray for each other, and lift  each other up in spirit by simple encouraging words "We can Do This~~yes, We Can Get through this Bout of Pain!"   

Tonight I felt Pain approaching my body~~silent, steady--just like a Thief in the Dark.   No place to  run or hide--just ride it out and pray for the Pain to release its grip!  

There are good days for my friend, and for me and countless others who suffer with Chronic Pain, and we give thanks to God for those days!  Its nice when the "Silent Thief" takes a break from our  Pain-weary Bodies.

Last night I prayed  hard for my friend, and asked God for a bit of help for me too!   Its okay to ask HIM for assistance~~HE  knows my Prayers  before the words leave my lips!

I am eternally Thankful for HIS loving Grace..........martha

2 comments:

  1. A silent thief..yes it is that. Great way of explaining chronic pain. So often I do suffer in silents and by that I mean I don't complain but I do refuse to do certain things I know will make it worst. I know most do not understand this...and I pray they never will either. As you have said so often before, would not wish this on anyone. This just passed through my mind, must be the Lord. The thief has stolen so much from us but God has given so much back...good understanding friends we might never have had had it not been for pain. A deeper understanding into patience, love, mercy and even comfort. When the pills, therapy, chiropractors, doctors and anything else medically available fails, we turn to Him for comfort and understanding. As you might tell from my words my chronic pain is full blown and I wonder how am I going to make it back to California without falling apart. praying my boot straps hold just a little longer and thanking God for some meds I brought along for this trip. Looking forward to a good massage next week, that usually gives me some relief. While I am on the subject wanted to let you know my massage lady is using me to try out the essential oils as a form of therapy. I love the blend she put on me and the first time I felt like I was floating on a beautiful smelling cloud. Second time I did not float as long. Praying on some extra cash to purchase some oils myself so my hubby can rub them on me. They 20 minutes for our pores to absorb them into our system. We are under a new insurance that pays more on chiropractic therapy so may try to find one that also gives massages. Trial and error isn't it? REally glad you are back to talk to. Praying for your son Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty--I feel for you my friend~~to be on a long trip away from home and Pain seems to consume your body--as you well know, its not a nice place to be. For me it feels as if the "image"of Home grows steady and all I can think of is "Where the Heck is my Bed at?" We long for comfort and it seems to be so far from our reach.

      I hear your words about staying quiet but making sure to not push yourself into something that will only make the Pain hurt more~~~it feels like a major tug of war at times and its easy to grow weary. My doctor watches out for my best interest and I haven't had any injections in a while~~~but I would gladly BEG for one asap!! You reach a place with Chronic Pain and try every possible mental image to take your mind away from the Pain--or do some minor physical work, and in the end~~~PAIN is sitting right where you moved from. Seems to take this long "up & down" glance at us--as if to say "Just who do you really think is in charge here?" This is my moment where I speak Bold and Plain~~~ "The LORD is in Charge" and it does help!

      No matter how strong our Faith may be--Pain is a wicked foe to battle with and I can "See" you reaching down, pulling up the Bootstraps and keep on a Keeping On!!

      I have had a few massages but everything is so tender right now~~I am not thrilled about having anybody touch me. My doctor gave me a "Compounding Cream" and it helps. As I tell her--"Well it is not a Miracle Cure, but it certainly does take that wicked Edge of Pain off so I can fall to sleep at night!" What type of Oils do you like to use? Sounds Heavenly Betty, truly sounds Heavenly.... Bless you for the prayers regarding our Son. I trust The Lord to watch over him.........

      Take care and I will be praying for you to get home safe and sound. There is another major weather front coming in by the end of this week and it will have us in Freezing temps and sleet by the end of the week... Yahoo!!! Not really....

      all my love and prayers....martha

      Delete