Sunday, June 2, 2013

Frustrated, Tired, Irritable~~~comes with Pain Territory.

Its the "simple"  things that bring instant frustration--in simple terms, the list of things I can't do seems to keep growing, it  just adds to the pile  of  stressed out nerves from Pain levels soaring off  my  1-10 Chart --because of  a long run of  Weather changes across  the country~~~~~I  am MAD! Mother Nature  wreaked wicked havoc  around the country--and my body screamed with Pain each day--even though the weather was hundreds of  miles away. Anger seemed to grow with the Pain and nothing would make it go away.

Add  to the daily  grind of  Chronic Pain--Matt suddenly is  puttering around the house with My walker~~~early morning call to his Orthopedic Doctor  tells us what we already know--he has  fluid back  on his knee.   Recurring problem from surgery, over-doing it, and that lovely thing  we call Age!!

When things  are not good  in Matt's part of our world--my focus  is constantly on him as I  offer advice from my long  years in Pain (hits me fast--I am not a  Doctor) and I  settle down to give Matt  his time and try to get a  grip on "fussing over  him" as I am bringing water,  snack, magazines~~~~when Matt  gets my attention and lets  me know "Heh, its  just my Knee!"  All I  can think is  how much I  love  this  wonderful  man and wish I could fix his knee--home surgery came to mind---Nope, not  a  good idea!!

Pain Territory is filled  with so  many ups and downs~~~emotions can run high if I  let them--but I  am reminded as to how Pain can rise in the body when a  person is churning  with emotion!  Time to push everything I am feeling to the side,  take a long deep breath and get ready for  the next  step!

I take a  long slow breath of air--look outside to take a drink of the beauty around us and tell  myself-- "Martha--You Can Do This, I am with You!"   Blessings to all of you.  Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment