Monday, September 16, 2013

OPEN MOUTH--INSERT FOOT!!!

You never know when the time is coming~~~suddenly it happens and you are begging for a  place to hide---so you can Open Mouth and Insert Foot!   I went to Physical  Therapy last  week-new location, staff seems to be caring and yet behind those  smiles are Task Masters that I    feel the urge  to "Run away-fast" before the Work begins.   

Oh how I would love to say my FIRST day was a  huge  success---not the case for this  gal.   One obvious reason is 18 years  of Pain--hard to  know where  to start,  but  my  Therapist suggested   Gentle Stretching---I rolled my eyes to  give her  a look  that said "Are you  SERIOUS?"   Stepping slowly toward me- she gave a look and said clearly "YES" and  I knew--time to work.  

My leg was throbbing,  back was hurting--thank goodness my Task Master was keeping a  very close  eye  on me, as she reminded me "See if you can keep that Leg straight"  as I collapsed  from exhaustion! My eyes were searching the room to find another person who might be struggling like me.  I noticed another man working hard---stretching, weights-geez, I just  had to find out  what brought him to Physical Therapy.   

"So, what are you in here for?"   He gave me a look--I could feel warning bells going off as he slowly said  "Oh I had a Stroke!" I  managed a  weak  "Oh" and  that was it!   I wanted to hide  under the table~~~so I  could quickly 

                                                  OPEN MOUTH &  INSERT  FOOT!!!!!

Hanging in---Holding on---Looking UP....

Blessings.

Martha


4 comments:

  1. Hehehe! This is so cute! Love my spunky Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well let me say it was a real LESSON in "Be careful when asking Questions while at a Physical Therapy place!"

    Thanks Sweet Veronica!!! lol, martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha, thank you for leaving a comment on Rachel Dapper's site. You know exactly what it means to lose one's identity in our healthy bodies. Your fall out of the tree was an accident but your daily courage is not. One must face the reality of what life brings us and know nothing is a waste in God's kingdom. Bless you sister for encouraging others in trial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty--
      So wonderful to hear from you--I don't know how you manage to do it--but your words "arrive" at a time when I am in need--as PAIN keeps taking me on the ride of constant Pain. I feel as if I "stumbled" upon Rachel's site---but then realized as I read her inspirational words--it was no ACCIDENT!! HE was guiding me to hear another's journey--and to see how open her heart is to SERVE!! Yes the journey is rough, and you are right my dear Betty--nothing is a waste in God's Kingdom. At times it is HARD to see past the PAIN--but when I truly look toward HIM-- these are the times I learn. Bless you my precious Betty. You have been on my heart--I hope all is okay with you... Please let me hear from you.... love and blessings. martha

      Delete