Sunday, September 1, 2013

Words from my Dad~~~

Calvert  Herbert Combs~~my Dad's full name but most called him "Bud"--his level of education stopped after the 8th grade as he was needed on their farm to help with the work.  His precious Mom left them too early and it was obvious how huge the loss was for him.  He was a man of few words, but spoke Volumes at times~~~ "Life Lessons" came out and they have stayed with me.  Now my Physical Pain grows,  I long to hear his voice---Suddenly it hits me, the Lesson I need has come rushing back~~ a soft feeling settles in my heart, as if his voice is nearby,

                       "Daughter-- its time you slowed down to remember what I told you"

  "A day will come when you think there is no way you can handle the Pain anymore~~I want you to Stop and Look around~~~You Will  see another person who is suffering Ten times worse than you are! Make sure to thank the Lord for all HE has blessed you with~~ and make sure to say a Prayer for those who are Hurting worse than you will ever know."

A few words-giving me everything ~~Stop,  Look around,  Give Thanks, and Pray.

Thank you Daddy!
I love you  and please say HI to Moma!

martha


































































































5 comments:

  1. I'd take wisdom over education every time! And what a wise, wise man your dad was, Martha! And he's s till a source of strength, love and pride for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah Veronica--my Daddy is smiling!!! What joy you bring to me..... I need some of that right now--having to find my place in acceptance of Degenerative Disc Disease--not big things to help it.... Just digging in with my inner giddy-up-go!!!

      love, andMWAAH!!!! me

      Delete
  2. That saddens me that you're going through this, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well it makes me sad too.... But---my Dad did NOT raise me to be a QUITTER.... So--I will push ahead, slower--but thats okay.... See the pain doc monday---that should give me some brief relief!! How goes it up there?? You are a fantastic friend my long-distance Sister... love,martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a dear friend too! Same ol' here. I could use some minions though! Yesterday I took the day off because I had hay fever! Better today! Heheh

    ReplyDelete