Sunday, March 6, 2011

Can anything GOOD come from Chronic Pain?

If anybody were to say GOOD things can come from living with Chronic Pain all the time, I would probably give them a LOOK they would NEVER forget. But when I do have better days–meaning PAIN is not raging a total war with my body–I have begun to think about any possible GOOD coming from such a draining physical and mental battle. 

I took the time to reflect on my personal battle and see what GOOD I have gained from making ONE stupid mistake–falling from that tree–and seeing how MUCH my life has changed. When all you can see each day in front of you is PAIN, it's not that EASY to hunt for GOOD things in your life, but it can be done. Before my accident, I lived a full life and did not have a CLUE as to what CHRONIC PAIN really meant. But in one BRIEF flash, everything changed and nothing would be the same again!

Now I appreciate each day and have a deeper respect for people around me who I know are fighting the exact same battle as mine. My faith was strong before my accident, but it has been put to the TEST and will continue to be. When you are alone with PAIN racking your body, all you can do is cry out "Lord, Help me Please!" I DO find my way to keep battling back against Pain. 

I have come to understand my life is not going to be easy, and there will be lots of ups and downs in my battle with Chronic Pain. But for me, the GOOD that comes is still having moments of true laughter and JOY. This is why I know Chronic Pain is here to stay in my life, but it will NOT beat me. I want to keep looking for the GOOD!

God bless each person who suffers and help them find a moment of GOOD.

2 comments:

  1. I heard this song for the first time today....made me think of the many things you've written here on your blog. Thank you for sharing, Martha.....

    "Blessings," by Laura Story
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CSVqHcdhXQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you Sheryl for passing the website my way,as I listened to the song, my heart was deeply moved by the words and I could relate with it completely. I pray others will hear these words and know "Blessings" are there for each of us. God bless the young woman who composed this song.

    ReplyDelete