Sunday, March 27, 2011

Having a small break from PAIN!

Most of my moments of feeling No Pain come only during the injections I get every few months. That few seconds of being given the "Margarita shot" and knowing THIS is how it feels to have NO PAIN!  Of course, it does not last for long, and I know the battle is always there, just waiting for me to show up for the next 24-hour showdown. 

Recently a new venue of brief Pain Relief opened up for me. Massages. I am still amazed at the fantastic feeling of allowing a certified therapist I trust to apply that special touch to my tired body and walk away from the treatment, feeling like somebody NEW! For those who suffer daily with Chronic Pain, it's pretty easy to just HIDE behind it because you just do not feel like doing anything! I must force myself to move forward and take care of daily duties, housework, time with my husband, being with friends, attending church, anything and everything. If Pain is allowed to stop me from LIVING, no matter how hard the battle is, then PAIN will win and that is NOT acceptable to me. We are given this ONE life, and it IS worth living and fighting for! 

So another day comes, the old familiar hurt is beginning to surface and my battle is returning and looking for a fight. It's easy to get tired of the PAIN, but something deep inside urges me on to not fall prey to my own PITY PARTY. All I have to do is look around, and I will see another human being suffering their own private hell with Chronic Pain. Seeing them humbles me deep within my soul because I do not wish for ANYONE to suffer the evil battle of dealing with daily Chronic Pain.

For all of you who fight your Pain battle, please know you are NOT alone. I pray for you each day to keep reaching beyond Pain and try to find a second of real JOY. Yes, we DO have to live with Chronic Pain, but it does NOT get to beat us.

No comments:

Post a Comment