Thursday, March 3, 2011

How to HOLD on in spite of PAIN

People who suffer daily with Chronic Pain will be the first to admit that facing each day of their journey with PAIN can be a very DELICATE balancing act. Each one of us have our OWN coping tools–pain meds, prayer, exercise, anger, tears–pretty much anything and everything to get through each day. We cherish good days and curse the wicked ones, when PAIN takes over and racks the body to exhaustion.

Nobody can give us a magic formula for coping with Chronic Pain. People give me many suggestions, like what I should do, which NEW procedure is out there or perhaps a new medication, and I always THANK them for caring enough to offer suggestions.  

For me it comes down to sheer determination that I WILL hold on, no matter what, and I say a LOT of prayers every single day. People have asked me what it's LIKE to have such Chronic Pain. I tell them,  "I would NOT wish this pain on my worst enemy...that's what it's like!" A tough answer but it's the truth.

I encourage all who suffer daily with Chronic Pain to HOLD on, keep reaching for JOY and know there IS someone out there praying for you. I hope you will pray for me.

ONE day at a time. That's all any of us can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment