Thursday, March 10, 2011

An Unexpected Surprise!

As the years have passed and PAIN is beside me every single day, I find myself not being that interested in looking for any NEW forms of pain relief. Let's face it, I know that each day for me begins with PAIN, and it's here to stay. So it's pretty easy to finally just accept the forms of treatment I do have and just stay in the fight to not let PAIN beat me down.

But TODAY I received a delightful SURPRISE to say the least. Amy, a good friend of mine, recently completed her education to become a licensed Massage Therapist. I'd cheered her on and was thrilled to hear she had passed all required state testing and was officially in business. Months ago, I'd spoken to her about giving massage therapy a try, but I really wasn't that keen on doing it. When your body hurts so much, you become very protective of weak backs and bad legs. You don't want someone touching you who isn't familiar with your particular PAIN areas. But I knew this person and trusted her so I figured I'd give it a chance but never dreamed it might actually be of benefit to me.

My SURPRISE came during the massage. I found myself laughing out loud because my body was truly RELAXED like it had not been in years! She was thrilled, and all I could do was chuckle and moan with delight as it began to dawn on me: perhaps this was what I was like BEFORE Pain joined my life. 

I do not fool myself into thinking this is a cure. Instead, I'm allowing my eyes to open and realize there IS somebody out there trained to help people who suffer with Chronic Pain. Amy's truly gifted!

There could not have been a more wonderful moment of JOY for me today. I definitely plan to become a frequent customer! My message to anyone suffering: don't give up looking for ways to find PAIN relief.  I pray for all those who are suffering with Chronic Pain and urge you to keep looking for even a second of JOY. It's worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment