Sunday, June 16, 2013

"Trouble & Daddy"

                                                       " My Dad--one of a kind"

                                                        Its one of my favorite photos--if memory serves,this was taken on my  Dad's last Birthday---illness was already working on him but that gentle twinkle was still in his eyes!  Another "Father's Day"approaches and I realize how much I miss him, wishing I could hear his voice, feel one more gentle hug from him and ask him so many questions. 

But I pause and recall how much he suffered during his last year of life--Pain chewed on him daily and was usually followed by sudden illness that landed  him in the hospital for several days ~~he would rally and the process would start again.   

The days got hard--it hurt to see him~~~one day I walked in, my"smile" firmly planted as I could feel    a dark mood around him--as he lay in bed, his eyes looking out the window and I asked, "Okay--now whats wrong?"  He was never one to mince words~~"Well Sister, this is one Hell  of a way to Die"
the Pain in those words cut through me as I struggled to hold back the tears and prayed for  something to say--but words failed me as  I reached for his weathered hand, and knew in that moment-he had said so much with just a few words.

I feel so blessed on this Fathers Day~~so many wonderful "Dads" fill this world,  moving through each day-working hard so their family will be safe and secure.  No man is perfect--many struggle to do their best as a Father~~making mistakes that can't be un-done, and we need to realize this special day of the year can be "bitter-sweet"for so many.  On this day I stop  and pray for all the "Dads" of this world--"Lord, lay your Loving Hands upon them--comfort each one today."

Yes-my Husband has experienced the joys and sorrows of being a Father--and I am so very proud of him on this day.

martha


No comments:

Post a Comment