Tuesday, August 27, 2013

SLEEP???

Sleep feels like an elusive stranger to me~~moments come where I can grab hold of some Sleep and my body is able to rest.  I look back at all the years of Chronic Pain, and realize my view of a full night's Sleep is much different than others.   My husband is sleeping peacefully in our room, I have learned how to ease out of bed, being careful not to wake  him up.  I do  pause and look at him~~~thats when it hits--
                                               "So that's what  SLEEP looks like~~Lucky  Guy!"

I walk into the kitchen, trying to  find my  way for  a glass of water~~suddenly the lights come on and I  hear that familiar  voice~~~"So-you can't  sleep  either--how  about  I stay up  too!"
My heart swells with love--knowing I am not alone and we will  find our way through this journey, together!

God be with all  who suffer with Physical Pain.  Martha
                                 

4 comments:

  1. What a kind man you are married to Martha. I think of all who suffer alone...so glad I got my husband...it helps make a trial easier. Sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Betty-
      It does help to know your "other half" is right beside you, and will not walk away from us, but will stand with us--no matter how hard the battle gets... Thanks for the kind words!

      Lets see-Current Sleep Status here in my "neck of the woods"~ 3 hours!!! Heh, it beats the previous night's record......

      I send you my Love and Hugs!! martha

      Delete
  2. I hear you sister, it was around 4:30 am this morning I finally got to sleep, slept in till nine though. I just told Ace, please get me up earlier, by the time I have my tea, breakfast it's time for lunch. I am a slow mover anymore. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh No Betty--
      my lack of sleep is spreading!!!! I feel for you dear friend. I had to attend a meeting this week, it started at 7:30am--lucky for me, I had been up the entire night!! After the meeting, a man came up and asked "Martha-how are you doing this? Nobody could ever guess the small amount of sleep you live on!" He then said I needed to go home and sleep for hours. A piece of me wanted to yell "Okay--you show me HOW to make the Pain go away so I can Sleep!"

      Instead--I looked at him, nothing could hide the exhaustion on my face~~~"You have no idea how much I would like to do that--SLEEP. Pain pushes Sleep away--and I have to find the inner strength to go on." Time seemed to stop for a few seconds-- he ventured further-- "How do you find that strength?" I smiled and pointed my finger upward-- "HE gives it to me--by HIS grace I will get through this."

      I had to add just a tad bit of humor--- "Excuse me--Who are you?" Betty- I cracked up, we both laughed and he told me "Martha--you are something else..."

      Humor,tears,Pain--and yes--anger too---all of these emotions are me--but I would be nothing without HIM beside me..... All my love dear Betty. martha

      Delete