Saturday, March 16, 2013

HELP NEEDED IN ISLE SEVEN!!!

We are into Spring weather here in Texas and that means One thing~~~people are rushing to local "Big Box Stores" that are suddenly filled with endless blooming plants, tall grasses blowing gently in the wind, planting pots in every color possible~~~in simple terms," An Adult's Weekend Candy Store" and here I stood-soaking it all in when my attention fell on a Swing~~~looking like it had my name on it!!

I grabbed  a set of cushions,and plopped down on the Swing~~~swaying back and forth, being reminded what it feels like to relax and let all the worries go.  My phone rang~~~time to leave the Swing and go find my husband-sounded easy,until I made my first move to stand up and leave.

For too many reasons to list~~my worn body refused to follow  normal moves and instead of being able to make a graceful move  from the Swing~~~I kept falling right back where I had been siting-now my eyes were sweeping Isle Seven for anybody to help  pull me  from my current mess-it felt as if this huge store had silently rushed people out, locking doors~~~leaving the Swing and me to finish out Martha's Escape from the Swing!

I had enough of this awkward  situation-so I  grabbed a bar on the Swing, pushed  back hard  with my feet,and let go--praying I would fly out of this Swing without breaking any bones!   God was there, and suddenly I was free from the Swing,standing solid on both feet~~~as a young lady, dressed in official Store attire smiled and asked me "Do you need anything here in ISLE SEVEN?"

"No-I was  just browsing"  thinking silently if anybody had been watching, they just saw Store Browsing  taken to a strange new level.  The sales clerk was young, pretty and suddenly let me know
she needed HELP and it was in the Garden Section!  She started telling me about being hired, but not having any training about plants, mulch,etc--- and people were starting to get angry!   I looked at her
and thought back to  how it felt to  be on a new job, and  I decided to jump in~~~"Well, remember these few ideas and maybe it will  help. Tell them to purchase Texas Native Plants--people will listen~~you have a caring attitude and lets be honest, you  are very pretty!"

She grabbed  me and hugged me as if I had given her a  lifeline~~~~as I walked away, praying  my Neck would  not start throbbing from her hug---I thought "Remember to stay clear of  ISLE SEVEN!"

Thanks for letting me share.............. martha


4 comments:

  1. Martha, God seems to bring people your way in the most unusual places to encourage. Love this story...a true picture of a wise hearted woman willing to be used anywhere, any place, in any way. I hope you bought a few plants to brighten your day. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty~~~
      No plants were purchased--but I did leave there with a smile in my heart, thinking of how that
      young woman grabbed me in a hug (i didn't care if it hurt at that moment) as my simple words
      of advice hopefully gave her an "edge" in being one of the many NEW employees--as I recalled that feeling of being lost and not wanting to make a mistake.........

      Our Yard project should start next week~~~matt is having this done for me--God bless this man of mine--he would do anything to help me find some Joy. ITs been hard lately--battling all the Pain-coming at me from so many directions..... Feels like I have lost some of my spunk-but the Good Lord watches over us--I take it a step at a time....

      love you,martha

      Delete
  2. Well my wise sister, spunk comes and goes because it's relative to how well our body can function. What I read in between the lines of pain is you have not lost heart. If you had you would not have picked up on the young workers struggle and addressed it. she will never for get you Martha, that you took the time to minister to her. Praying for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty-
      The wisdom comes from you and thank GOD for your words---This is a rough time for me and
      its scary to admit how I am feeling most days. You lifted my heart up dear friend,opened my weary eyes so I could understand all of this and you keyed in on me helping the young clerk. It actually suprised me some that I took the time to help her--all I really wanted to do was find a soft place to lay down--but her reaction of being so grateful for my words---well it is a moment that will STAY WITH ME TOO!!!!

      Bless you my sweet Betty!! God helps us to minister to each other--I feel very blessed to have you in my life..... love,martha

      Delete