Thursday, March 14, 2013

Isn't Reality Grand!!

I have been feeling house-bound, needed to get out and see if the "relaxed neck"  would take a short drive to a nearby town~~off we went and I was loving every second of being out, looking around at
the scenery-slowly and smiling when my neck did Not send shooting rays of Burning Pain down my arms!  This is all good-a clear signal that my doctor is on the right path and the next procedure can help me stay out of Neck Pain for many months, maybe longer.....

My husband knew things were good because I was rambling away, talking non-stop, even laughing at  a radio commentator's comments~~~~~I felt Good, Normal, and Happy----but Reality decided it was time to appear, grabbing my attention fast as the "familiar" Burning Sensation arrived, grabbing every  section of my Butt, Leg and Foot~~in  plain terms, everything was on FIRE!

A swell of emotions hit~~Anger, Sadness, Resignation- as I struggled to focus on anything but the intense Burning Pain that wanted all of my attention.   If you  think this is  a "simple" process,  take  it  from one who is  In the battle--it is  so Far from being Simple-that it can be heart-breaking.

We reached our one place to visit-an Herb Farm and I did everything possible to grab each glimmer of Joy,  being with my husband was the only thing that mattered and I fought for each second of time with him, Pain or no Pain!

Reality-can rush up fast and hit hard~~~but this is my life and I will take  each day--because I refuse to  give up~~~Pain Won't Beat Me~~~it will slap me around and pound on my  body-but  God is  with me, and together we take  it one  step, one moment, one  day  at a time.

God bless all who are fighting to live in spite of Chronic Pain.

martha

2 comments:

  1. Good that you had a day-out and was feeling better on the Neck Pain. I was anticipating that you would be pain-less all the way.

    But the leg pain creature showed up its head. Anyway, I am still glad that you did go out for a drive to the herb farm.

    Wether-which-way, I keep you in my prayers, as always and I'd long for that time that all pain will be gone on the here and now.....!!!!!

    Hugs to you and Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me Too Lolita!!

      thank you for the prayers--they help me and I send prayers back for you too!!


      Blessings! martha

      Delete