Monday, July 29, 2013

I Just Leaned Over~~~~


~~~~~Strong Shoulder to Lean On~~~~~

There are times when I lean against my Husband's strong Shouder~~where we are Happy and Pain is forced to linger in the  background.   I cherish these moments~~knowing they are fleeting, as many "different Leaning Moments" have joined us and sometimes come swift, shaking us to the reality of Chronic  Pain.   

I run these over in my mind~~Suddenly leaning my head on his shoulder  during Church--my Neck is screaming--I need a soft place to lay my head as it feels like a huge chunk of Brick sits on my shoulders and I am weary of holding it  up.    Moments as we arrive home from me having a procedure done to ease  Pain~~~I rise from the vehicle, ready to take short steps to our front door---suddenly I must  stop and Lean my weary body against those  Shoulders, taking a  deep breath as  I  dig deep for  a bit of strength--determined to show PAIN~~I am still here!

Pain has its way of Grabbing my attention~~last night was a big night for Pain--I leaned over to turn a water faucet on~~suddenly feeling as if a Knife had been driven into my back!   My husband heard me Moan--waves of Pain hitting me.  This time I  needed all his strength to  help me find a place to sit~~~but it hit me some humor was needed-- "How about me trying that again!"  

Awful Pain, long night, strong shoulders, and Faith in the One Above--as  we gave words of Thanks
that I could still move,laugh, and live.   



No comments:

Post a Comment