Thursday, August 1, 2013

"Going to the Beach while having an MRI exam"

My body has  been rolled  into an MRI machine  many times  during my  journey with Chronic  Pain~~ each time is a challenge as I do NOT  like small-enclosed  areas.  The  sounds  made by the machine are unreal, ear plugs  are  needed and some have headphones for music.  I choose to relax and take a trip to the Beach~~~~

Its late afternoon--the Sun beginning its slow descent as I sit in a huge  chair~~~wave after wave rolling toward me, growing smaller as cool water reaches the Beach.  My hand drops down to feel the ocean waters, as I contemplate how far the waves  have traveled~~it feels this  moment has been waiting just  for me and I whisper silent prayers of thanksgiving to the Creator of all Oceans!  I glance down the shoreline to  see  my husband taking a  long stroll~~~sunglasses cover his caring  eyes, a baseball cap protecting his bald  head~~~I clap my hands  quietly as he tries to "chase" the ocean waters.  He stops---looking back to check on me, our hands waving in united Love  for each other~~~~the Sun signals us by its now-rapid  sinking into the Ocean Waters!  

"The exam is done Martha" as the loud noise stops and the  aide is asking "Well, how was it  for you?"  I pause for a second~~~"Oh I went to the Beach--it was magical!" He smiles as I  struggle  to sit up--PAIN arriving as I move~~~

Martha 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Love your creativity. I usually think about playing in the sand with my little granddaughter at the ocean when my blood pressure is taken. What is it about the water and the beach? So relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for these kind words... I agree with you--there is something so special about the Beach--sounds, smells, the sand!!! Glad to hear someone else thinks about the Beach!!

      Blessings, martha

      Delete