Friday, March 30, 2012

Its Not Impossible......

Its my best moment of the day-to enter my office (which was a garage at one time) tapping my foot, urging my  computer to move Fast! I look forward to opening up my Blogging World and learn how all the women in my "Circle of Friends" are doing.  So many are suffering with Chronic Pain and I do throw myself in the mix-this makes my heart sad because I know the damage Pain can do to our bodies and how drained we are each day from working so hard to be normal and the truth is "We don't really know what Normal is anymore!"  

Its fairly simple-I have forgotten what it feels like to not be in Pain all the time-even attempting to pull  a long ago memory up gets harder to do and I feel anger rising within!  I know why my Pain is here with me for the long haul-"that stupid tree and this stupid woman who thought she could do everything!"  Years of my life have been spent feeling such guilt over the horrible mistake I made and just within the past year, I finally  reached for "Forgiveness of myself!"  Once I did this-what an amazing difference it made in my life and now my answer to people who don't know why I suffer with Pain is "I had a really bad accident" and leave it there.  

Forgiving myself seemed Impossible to do-lets face it-I am the one who decided to battle the Tree and not give a second of thought to anything going wrong, but just had to show the world, "I can do this-it will be fine!"  In many of my blogs I have spoken about how many times I told my dear husband how sorry I was for climbing the tree-he has never asked me to do this and yet I am sure there have been many times when he wished "oh God I wish she had never fallen from the tree" but he would never utter those words to me.  

Nothing is impossible-with God on our side and prayer in our hearts- so many wonderful things can happen.  I know without a doubt God led me to blogging about my Pain and HE knew there would be many adventures waiting for me as I slowly found my way in blogging and letting my heart open up, so I could just talk and share about the struggle of being in Chronic Pain.

I have learned a very important lesson-there is always another person out there who is suffering with Pain and trying to find their way to still live and find joy in each day-letting me know, I am NOT alone!  God opened a door for me, I stepped in and found true spiritual friends-and we have formed bonds that will stay with all of us.  The real joy is knowing a "Circle" always has room to grow and expand-meeting others who are in the Pits of Pain and need somebody to just say "Yes- I do know how hard it is-may I say a prayer for you?"

To give an example of how "far the Circle stretches"-well it travels across the Globe and just keeps going!  We know each other by name and see a "face" on the blog site, and I had a visual image of all these women, standing around together, watching as a delicious batch of "Angel Cookies" were prepared.  Today as I read one of the Blogs from "The Circle" my heart was thumping as I read her thoughts on wishing we could find a way of actually meeting in person! There are many road blocks with the distance between us seeming to be just too far-but something is telling me, "If you pray really hard for something, then turn it over to God, I believe Miracles can happen!"  

I will be praying each day for this particular Miracle to unfold-and then I will "Let God and Let God" take over.  Today my heart filled with Joy as this thought formed in my heart and each second I think about it, brings a huge smile to my face.  For me this is rising up against the Pain and daring to HOPE.

Bless each one who suffers with Pain.  Keep looking for a second of Joy to help you find your way through the day!

Martha

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I took the time to read this, wonderful lady! With some coffee too! I'm running around today taking my daughters here and there (I homeschool them and we have lots of field trips) but I'm taking my office with me in a briefcase and there will be some quiet time at the library for me to work. I'm taking the circle of friends in my heart with me because that batch of cookies shtick needs to be produced! Love all of you. Thank you, Martha! I gotta have my daily COF dose! (COF: Circle of Friends)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha-

      There is no moment of my waking hour, I don't think of you... and God should take us seriously. I am lifting you up each time and placing you on Jesus' lap. How loving Diane's words were when she share that phrase. I talk to Jesus and say Jesus, please touch Martha and all of my friends in pain..., where it hurts so bad. Relieve her, Lord! I know nothing is impossible with you and we acknowledge that apart from you, we are nothing. But you have chosen us, delighted in us, and there is nothing you wish for us than giving us joy. We hold unto that promise, Lord. Please restore that part of Martha's brain that manages pain, Oh might God. And we claim healing for her with unfaltering faith. In the mighty and merciful name of Jesus, who shed his blood for our redemption.

      I know a friend told me a kind of pain he was in that made him see himself in hell. He is a very strong Christian, a missionary who mentored me and my husband in outreaching and cell group leading, yet it was such pain as being in the burning coals of hell. He was suffering from kidney stone then.... He said, with gas pain, you could wriggle and twist you body, and it would relieve you. But the pain his ailing kidney sent to his brain, was excruciating.

      When my own pain attacks at night, it is not as Martha and Diane or Judi has undergone, yet there are times I wish despair and also angered. Mine has relief, it goes in the morning. Only some joint stiffness remains, but manageable. I have a mild one but I complain. How much more there is for my beloved sisters.

      Martha-

      I am thankful for our circle, how blessed I am to be in it. I could never thank God enough. We have found our voices and we are sharing our life.

      I love you, Martha, and the love of God..... hugs and kisses from here to Texas.

      Delete
    2. Lolita-
      Such a beautiful prayer you have spoken for me-it is so heart-felt and I am touched to the core!

      Without doubt I do believe in Miracles and know they can happen. I have seen some and call them a God Moment! My doctor has told me over the years that hopefully my Sciatic Nerve Pain would "burn itself out" by the time I reach the age of 75!! Lets just say that my doctor SAW the look I gave her and yet she knew I had to hear these words of Honesty from her..

      It might sound a bit strange but she calls me "Her Success Story" because of my determination to NOT QUIT!! I don't question God now because for whatever reason, Pain is with me and does NOT want to leave. Oh I could probably try Surgery Number 10--but my doctor would say a very fast NO to me because my body has been through the wringer as they say and I am not a good candidate for any Surgery.

      Today my butt pain was Barking away again and I pushed myself to get up and walk around outside with my husband. It helped to take my mind off the Burning for a bit.

      Having met such wonderful women as you, Diane, Judi, Veronica, and others-this is my blessing and I am thrilled to have found the courage to reach out and meet all of you.

      God bless you for praying from the heart for me. I am humbled by your loving words to God. I know HE hears you.

      I do not feel worthy of being in the company of all of you-but here I am and thankful you are so welcoming to this old Texas Gal.

      Loves and Blessings back to you Lolita. martha

      Delete
  2. Veronica-
    I have just sat down, exhausted from cleaning my messy office and doing it with the help of my patient husband. It gave me the chance to let him take a peek and get to also meet "the circle".. I am thrilled about your idea of the "batch of cookies" and can tell, you do want to get into it and give it a good Veronica Stirring!!!

    I can't wait to see what comes from the bowl!!!

    My prayers are going for you. lol,martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs...hugs...hugs...

    I'm blessed by all the "hugs" within our Circle.

    Martha, we must come up with a plan to all meet. I'm not a baker, so someone else can make the Angel cookies. But, I offer my home...for a weekend retreat!

    You are all welcome...

    I do love you all and thank God for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane-
    God is truly at "Work" in the growth of this
    "Circle of Friends" and something tells me there will be many "faces" who will be touched by the open sharing we are doing as we blog.

    When Betty let the "thought" out-almost as if dreaming about we all meeting each other, my mind and heart were dancing at the idea.

    With God-ALL things are possible. Perhaps with Veronica's assistance, a line of "Schticks" will help us by joining hands and reaching all the way out to the far corners-as they are Waving and Shouting "Come on-Hurry because these Cookies are flying out the Oven!!!"

    I would love to do this and trust me-you are hearing this from a person who does NOT get out that much, let alone travel any great distance!!

    But Heh-I can grab onto the hand of Veronica and along the road we shall go!!

    This is in my prayers Dear Diane!! Seriously.

    love, martha

    ReplyDelete