Friday, August 2, 2013

Going Back to my Roots~~

Young Martha

My Granny-Elsie

My Mother-Dorothy
Time passes fast~~yet these photos seem like it 
was "Yesterday" as I remember standing in
front of a glowing Cake--all dressed up in a pretty 
New Dress.  I could only imagine the late hours Moma spent working on it~~~wanting me to look
pretty on my Special Day....

The "Impish"grin on Granny's face~as if she held a delicious secret! Hours were spent on her porch as
she taught me how to Cross-Stitch. 
                      Her words stay close to my heart~~

       "Remember to keep your Hands busy-It Chases your Worries Away!"

They were strong Women~~enduring long hours of hard work on a Farm, as I go back to my Roots- its easy to see where I first learned  the Lessons about Courage, Strength and Faith.  
                         
I carry them both in my heart~~Forever!
martha









No comments:

Post a Comment