Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Daily Battle with Pain

It never stops hurting---PAIN--my friendly side-kick is always present, sometimes settling into  a steady Hum~~~not pulling so much of me down.   These are  the good  moments with Pain being in my life~~~strange as that sounds.    Its a grudging respect of sorts that I have slowly learned to give Pain~~~believe me,  I do Not like giving anymore of  me to this long battle with Chronic Pain!

I look in the mirror and see just how much Pain has really robbed  from me~~~my face is a roadmap  of  Wrinkles~~~some  is the natural process we call  Aging,  but the rest feels like true battle scars I carry as a result of so many years  of Pain being constantly with me.    There are days when I am not up for the battle~~~I retreat into my corner of the Pain Ring and  simply take care of Me!  I know Pain will not stop, but  this is where the "Peace Treaty" seems to take place~~~~Pain probably kicks  angry dust up,  not wanting the battle to  stop  for even a second~~but  seems to understand- 'She is coming back--I will just Wait for her."

If I could give  anybody some advice on how to live  with Chronic Pain~~~it sounds lame but its the way I  see this wicked thing called Chronic Pain--No one person can tell you how to fight your personal battle---You are the only one who knows the Path.    Take advice with a  grain of salt- many people  care deeply and hate seeing anybody in Pain.

Its a lonely journey we  walk with Chronic Pain~~~~please pray for us, we need heart-felt words of Prayer.  God bless.

martha

4 comments:

  1. Martha, your writing has improved so much since I first came to read your post. Truly God is giving you ways of expressing yourself that draws one into your words. I pray others will be drawn to your honest blog...those who struggle with the chronic pain ,who also need to express themselves. Blessings my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dear Betty--
    oh how you can make my heart feel love and warmth during all this rotten Pain... What a wonderful compliment you have sent my way~~~THANK YOU.... The journey is VERY rough--
    this NECK pain can throw me into my chair--with me feeling like a small child, holding my hand up as I try to protect myself from the massive waves of Pain.... This will only get worse.... Silently I think--GOD how am I going to get through this??? Then I can "feel" a gentle whisper~~~~~
    "I AM HERE MARTHA"

    and the Neck seems to ease for a few seconds... Now--lets throw my BACK into the mix~~
    oh heck---I will wait on that for another day!!! My oh My--I just felt like Scarlett O'Hara~~~~
    I Wlll THINK ABOUT THAT TOMORROW!!.....

    all my love to you and Ace!!! I am so blessed to have you in my life.... martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled upon your post and have added it to my side bar. I've been following for a little while, but have not commented. I appreciate your honesty. That has been the toughest for me in fighting my chronic pain (due to fibromyalgia and osteo-arthritis). I walk a thin line of knowing what to say and when to say nothing, but simple persevere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth~~
    Thank you for dropping in--I am very touched--there are many blogs I view and don't leave any words... I am such a "computer don't know anything person" that I worry there might be a wrong button I push or something--so please know I am very happy to see your name...

    Betty-I am sorry you must fight with Fibro and Osteo~~~I have a good friend whose wife suffers with Fibro and her life is so limited, due to the intense Pain... That "Thin Line" you speak of--oh its so dang TRUE---but I LOVE your last word~~~~~PERSEVERE!!!! Hold on Beth--Please know you have another person pulling for you---her name is Martha.... You are in my prayers

    ReplyDelete