Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Special Moment~~~

Her name is Jackie Evancho~~~ that says it all as she is a very young girl with a Huge Angelic Voice and her path in life is moving!  I dreamed of going to one of her Concerts but figured it would never happen because she had never planned a concert in Texas.

But that all changed  a few months ago while checking her event page, I yelled with delight "Jackie is coming to Texas in November!"  My husband  also loves her music and so we both jumped at the chance, figuring I could probably manage this trip with my bad leg.  We left yesterday morning-but while packing, my stomach decided to go nuts from the stress and excitement of going and lets just say--It was a very LONG ride-but worth pushing myself to make it.

We had wonderful seats-as we sat on the second line of chairs from the stage and it felt like I could reach out and touch her~~the smile on her face is beautiful and matches the sound of her songs.  For any who know me, Crying is something I don't like to do~~but that all flew out the window as I cried through her entire concert!  The tears were a mix of many emotions-I sat thinking "This child is a gift to all of us and has been touched by HIS handprint!  

People of all ages attended~~walking canes, wheelchairs, motorized chairs-they didn't care as to the physical effort it took to get inside the Concert hall-it was worth the struggle to watch Jackie sing. Each song brought the crowd to their feet, clapping and yelling "We Love you Jackie" and she would speak back "Thank you and I love you too!"  There was no program, or CD music being sold~just Jackie, pure, beautiful and angelic.  Jackie dedicated one song to her Mom, telling the crowd how much she loved her parents as they allowed  her the chance to do the one thing she loves to do~~~SING.

One of her final songs was "Our Father" as I looked around, everyone was crying~~knowing what we 
had been given-the chance to be near Jackie as our hearts opened up to receive the Love that fills her music.

Jackie Evancho is a gift for all of us.  Thank you God.

Martha




8 comments:

  1. When I saw your post comment about going to see JACKIE, I thought this was who you meant! :) She certainly is amazing. I saw her on PBS a few years ago when she was really tiny and singing with that powerful voice. Then again recently on some talk show. I'm glad her music lifted you so much! Every time I went to an Andy Williams concert, I was always in tears at the beauty in each song. So I know exactly what you mean! What a gift for you to be able to go and have her minister so much to you in that beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam-
      Sorry for missing your comment-I have been going through a miserable bout of IBS (rotten tummy ache) and haven't been at my computer much. We got to see Andy Williams at Branson a few years ago and of course the same reaction-I cried because so many memories flew around as I could recall watching our old black & white tv-thinking Andy hung the moon with that silky voice of his.

      Jackie has a future ahead of her that will give so many people the blessing of hearing a voice that truly seems to be angelic.

      I am determined to see her again-Life needs to be enjoyed and I am learning that lesson finally.

      Blessings to you. martha

      Delete
  2. I'm so blessed that you were able to attend, Martha! Hallelujah for that! I'm sure the joy of those couple of hours will carry you through for a while! I'm so very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Diane-
      This was a HUGE step for me to take-things have not been good lately with my messed up stomach (stress-holidays approaching) and I had a major flare-up on the morning we were leaving. Lets just say I reached way down DEEP and pushed myself out the door.

      Without doubt I will go to another of Jackie's concerts-simply too beautiful to pass up.

      I liked what you said about the joy-we got back to our hotel and saw we could get either coffee or hot tea-a late night treat!! Matt was still holding onto his soda cup that cost $6.00 (for a soda) and he forgot to put one of those paper holders around his HOT cup of coffee!! We are one the elevator, matt doing his balancing act, me pushing our floor button with my cane and I swear-we were so relaxed, laughing at how we looked and it really felt almost like when we had dated!!!

      I loved it!!! matt did too... So Jackie's songs brought a TON of joy to us both.

      ((love and hugs)) martha

      Delete
    2. Aaawwww....I'm so glad, Martha. You deserve joy. And I know with the holidays fast approaching what that means for you. I hold you close to my heart as I come before our Father's Throne, Martha. Grace and peace unto you.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Diane~~
      Holidays can be a hard emotional roller coaster ride for so many families.

      I am deeply touched by your prayers and I know God is watching over me and my sweet Matt. I ask HIM to be with you and your family too. Also all of my sweet COF friends..

      ((happy blessings during this holiday))martha

      Delete
  3. How much God loves you my friend...allowing you to attend her concert. I have heard her sing on TV...beautiful...as you said, a gift from the Lord to warm our hearts. A gift to take our minds off what ever we are struggling with, pain, loss of job, loss of a loved one, etc. I am sure as you soaked it in pain had to sneak away for a couple hours. What testemony she has. I am getting cold chills as I type this for if one has heard her once you never forget her smile, her voice, the messages in her songs. God truely has blessed you and hubby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty-
      It was a gift and I am so thankful for it!! I am stunned at her talent and as you watch her, the innocence of a child shines constantly!! We had a moment to glance toward the wings of the stage and there stood her Mom-watching her little girl perform and touch the hearts of each person there. To see people in their 80's, wearing T-shirts with her Face on it (comes from her Fan Club) was also magical....

      Without a doubt, I have full intentions of seeing her again. We did receive a major blessing with the chance to see Jackie in person. Our hearts were all "fuzzy" with warmth as we left the hall.

      Thank you for being so caring Betty. I can't begin to tell you how much it means to me!!

      love, martha

      Delete