Tuesday, November 13, 2012

One day with Chronic Pain

A long time ago, I knew what it was like to feel Normal~~

The word feels like someone threw Cold Water in my Face~~I don't know what Normal is anymore, too many years of constant Pain have done a good job of wiping memories away. I  struggle to recall what my life was like before the Tree Fall, then Cold Reality hits as I know looking back is useless-just have to keep moving and cling to my determined words "Pain Won't Beat Me!"

After going through a horrible day yesterday-waiting for a Cold Front to arrive~~it felt like someone had run over me with a truck!  My husband was on constant Guard Duty, quietly watching me~~noticing I rarely left my comfortable recliner,  Pajamas were my Outfit for the Day.  My mood was dark~~seeming like a sign was posted in front of me~~
                                                     "Danger Area-Woman in Rotten Pain"

Finally I gave the chair up, headed to bed~~quickly rubbing a Topical Pain Cream on my nerve-damaged feet and bad leg~~praying this would send a message to Pain- "Let this Woman Rest" my husband watched in silence, finally braving the waters to ask "Well, do you think that will help tonight?"  I paused to look into his loving eyes- "All I can do is Pray!"

God was listening and I was blessed with sleep, waking up at 10:00am~~thinking I was dreaming but  knew it was real as I whispered a Silent prayer of Thanks.

This is one day of Chronic Pain for me~~~its misery, no getting around that fact but I also know others suffer a thousand times worse than I do.  I beg God to please give them One Easy Day.  

Martha

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I praise God for your good night's rest! Hallelujah! I know how they can be few and far inbetween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Diane-
      It was wonderful Sleep and God knew I needed it!!!

      They are very "few and far between" but one night sure makes a big difference!

      Hugs and blessings. Martha

      Delete