Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas~~could Bubble Lites help?

Does anybody remember these?

Yes,  I recall these special Christmas Lites~~~it didn't take long after they were plugged in for sparkling Bubbles to appear and  I wanted them to go on forever!  Many years had passed since I saw these special lites-when they suddenly appeared in one of the Christmas isles~~~filled with thousands of items waiting to grab our attention as we dream about decorating the Tree-then worry about having enough money to cover
this Holiday.

Seeing the old Bubble Lite photo took me back to many Christmas gatherings~~some were wonderful, filled with love and joy-everyone happy to be together, sharing memories and good food~~we were still free from the Commercial Christmas.  I recall shopping with Mom ~~seeing names on her list and a dollar amount next to it-reality hit me as to the financial burden this holiday was bringing. My parents worked hard each day, exhaustion showed on both of them but they kept going.  One Christmas memory
stands out~~ I had reached teenage years and was pushing Moma to decorate the tree.  She was holding a box of silver Icycles~~as I suggested "One at a time goes on Moma-not a handful." 

 I will Never forget the look on her face as she glared at her teenage daughter, who was daring to give
 suggestions on Tree decorating~~I stood frozen- as a full box of Silver went flying through the air, landing on the tree in a messy clump!  She stepped back, looking at her work~~then turned to face me
 "Well Daughter-how do you think that looks?"  I gave a weak smile and kept very quiet!

At that moment I thought her actions were terrible~~but later when the house was quiet, I stood at the Tree, fixing the Silver Clump and it hit me hard~~ Mom was dead tired from a full day of work, a huge Christmas meal lay waiting for her to prepare~~ I knew there would never be enough Bubble Lites to help make this Christmas magical.  

 As Christmas arrived, Moma was surrounded by her grandchildren, taking great delight as each package was opened.  We noticed that she rarely opened any of her presents~it was easy to see where she found Joy~~it was with Family-regardless if the holiday was good or mixed with stress and emotions.  She had no need of a Tree, great food, wonderful gifts~just to be with family was her blessing. I missed too many Holidays with her~it is a heartache I carry deep inside, but something tells me she would whisper 
words of love to me "Daughter-remember One day, One smile at a time!"

If I could give One suggestion for Christmas~~don't worry about the Bubble Lites-enjoy the Love God has for each of us.  

Martha



No comments:

Post a Comment