Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pain is a force to be dealt with~~



When you live with Chronic Pain-it continues to teach lessons that will never be forgotten.  One example is the way Pain can sneak up~~as changing weather approaches and you  suddenly feeling helpless as Pain rises in your body~~suddenly areas of your body are aching and you feel wrapped up in its grip.  Trust me when I say this-Living with Chronic Pain is one of the hardest battles anybody can face.

During the last few months, I had noticed a "change" in my Pain~~ my bad leg seemed almost numb, my shoulder had started to hurt-and I knew something was wrong. Tests were done, and we had a clear answer to the change~~a piece of Disc was pressing against a Nerve and a bulging disc in my neck was causing Pain
like I had never felt before!

My doctor had me come in for injections to "put a dent" in the Pain-hoping to get things calmed down.  It was a busy morning, the place packed with people-all there for some Pain relief.  Suddenly with no warning, the Pain in my neck, shoulder and arm felt as if somebody had lit a match and everything was on fire!

I heard my name called, and stumbled to the doors of the procedure area.  I  usually manage a half-hearted "Hi-how are you doing" to the nurses, but  I began crying-nothing was stopping these tears from flowing!  It felt like I was filling up a bucket with all the tears~~it scared me because I could not get a grip on anything, and  managed to tell the nurse that I would need help in getting the hospital gown on-my arm was not going to work for me.  She saw the "mess" I was in and sat beside me, gently explaining the tears were a way of my body releasing the stress of so much Pain~~and told me it was very clear to see Pain was working me over.

Thats when it hit me~~ now I was in the midst of brand new problems-serious ones and with that comes New Pain~~it will require new changes, adjustments, surgery. All I can do is take it a day at a time.

I will never doubt the force Pain can bring our way-but with prayer and time, I will find my way through
this new "bump in the road" and keep going.  Yes-I could use some extra prayers right now and I will be
grateful for them.  Just know-I promise to say extra ones for you too.

God bless all who battle Pain.

martha

No comments:

Post a Comment