Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Struggle to say "Merry Christmas"

A wish for joyous holidays should be easy to say~~two simple words that usually bring a smile to the face of another, but try watching the face of an employee whose store rules are "Firm" with tough
instructions to  say "Happy Holidays!"  They are in fear of slipping up while rushing customers through the shopping lanes and someone might here them say "Merry Christmas!"

I would like to know how we got to this place~~living in fear of words, if we say them, a person might be offended and all I can think is how sad this all has become.   Why do we find issue with a greeting that begins with the word MERRY~~yes I have heard all the objections with the other word
that follows~~~ CHRISTMAS.

These two words are not meant to cause harm, insult, or be a reflection of our own beliefs  we would push onto another who thinks differently?  My heart says this issue has gotten so far out of hand-our world is hurting and this is a time when we need to express friendly greetings toward our fellow human beings.

In a perfect world-I am walking down the street and suddenly hear a group of voices-all saying the same word over and over, "Merry Christmas!"  Then I hear a flutter of joyous wings-Twenty precious Angels, led by six special Adults have just passed by me.

God bless everyone.
martha


4 comments:

  1. ..and may God bless you, my friend! I'm listening carefully...can almost hear those angel wings,

    Judi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Judi-
      This is a holiday season when we really need "to hear the Angels" so we can be reminded in our Hearts as to the true spirit of Christmas. My heart aches for all who are hurting.

      I pray your holiday was peaceful and your pain decided to take a break?? Hopeful thoughts-and prayers.

      BLess you Judi. Martha

      Delete
  2. Great thoughts Martha on "Merry Christmas". I have wanted to stand at the check out and SHOUT "Merry Christmas" justs to see how many would clap, I would clap if I heard someone shout it. I have ask clerks when they say, happy holidays, are you not allowed to say Merry Christmas?

    MERRY CHRISTMAS MARTHA...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty-
      I love the thought of "Climbing on a checkout stand" then shouting Merry Christmas to everyone--and not moving till they say it back!! Just a small problem with it--
      there is NO way I could climb up on the counter!!! But my thoughts are still the same!!!!

      I hope you had a loving holiday.

      all my blessings and love, Martha

      Delete