Saturday, December 15, 2012

WHY?

One word-in the last two days its been repeated over and over~~in anger,  anguished sobs,  begging pleas,  screams of a parent's Worst Nightmare~~Why did Twenty innocent children have to leave this world in such an act of violence?  Why did Six of  their treasured teachers, Principal, Counselor--Why were they taken from the children?  Why did one person burst through doors and take everything from so many?

As adults we ask WHY-with deep frustration that answers will not come, but when a child asks WHY~~just the word is heart-breaking for us to hear.  They ask in complete innocence~~not aware of Violence, until it burst into their sweet young lives~~~and they will never be the same again.   

I sit here, searching for comforting words~~~to help families, police officers, medical personnel, teachers, and all the people across this globe who are repeating the word over and over-WHY?

Pray-speak words of Prayer for these wounded families~~~make it simple "Please Help them God."

Your prayer is heard. Think of the repeated agony for the parents as the faces of their precious children start to be seen by the entire world~~these parents cling to each other and it is the Worst reminder of the cold fact that Violence suddenly entered their world.  Prayers will help~~we might not see it but a single Prayer can help a grieving family find their way through the next few seconds.  Their world has stopped.

It sounds impossible in these raw days~~but another family has also fallen apart as they ask Why~~and realize there is no place for them to hide or run from their own personal agony.

God help us all as we struggle through the days ahead.

martha

2 comments:

  1. So many are reduced to prayer over all this yet what better place to go with our grief but to the Lord. Well written Martha, you and a few others have expressed our hearts so well. I can not even write about it so appreciated seeing so many Christians doing so. Blessed because of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty-
      Each time I watch the news and see the "faces" of these precious children~~my heart aches over and over again. I had to say something and the only word that came to me was "WHY?"

      On that awful morning of July 04th, 1990~~when I picked the phone up to hear my husband's voice, aching with grief as he told me words that became our agony "Someone broke into my Mom's house and stabbed her six times-she is Dead!!"

      I leaned against the wall, pounding it in rage and the only word I could find was WHY? God heard me and suddenly i said "Jesus Help her!" Those words hit me and nobody will ever be able to say anything different to me~~~I know Jesus and His precious Mother were there in that room and they carried my dear "Aggie" to Heaven.

      These beautiful children and their "Heros" who gave their lives while protecting these little ones are all ANGELS. Just as my Precious Aggie is.

      This entire world will Never forget how our lives all changed in a brief horrific flash of the most violent act. I feel God is watching over all the families and holding them up in these fresh hours of Grief~~and I also feel we have a moment in time to be the "Voices" for those who have been taken all too quickly from us.

      I am praying God will help show us the road~~~something tells me our Feet are already on the Path!!

      Bless you Betty for writing.

      God watch over the parents and grieving loved ones who are living in the worst nightmare possible.

      My prayers are with you.

      martha

      Delete