Friday, December 21, 2012

The Pain Train never stops~~~

 I forgot Chronic Pain  has its way of dropping "New Pain" into our lives-the load seems almost too much for a body to bear at times, but I grit my teeth and keep moving.  Thats why I am comparing the constant
additions of Pain in my life to a Moving Train that never stops-no matter how hard I might plead with the
conductor to Let me Off.  Everything in my life seems to have been turned upside down and I can clearly see the changes as I realize nothing will ever be quite the same again.


So I feel the need to vent~~suddenly I can't blow dry my Hair~~~the simple act of raising my arm now
brings a scorching wave of new Pain!  The new solution was obvious-get a shorter haircut~~its tough when
you know there is no choice about it-you just have to do it!

Two years ago walking was easy for me-but  now the fear of falling is very real as I keep my walking cane close by~~this is another new Pain problem and the "solutions" are not easy to accept.  My walking cane
is easier to accept~~~~it was hand crafted by my dear 98 year old friend who is a Master wood Crafter
and he labored to make this cane fit perfectly for me.  I look at his aged hands~~knowing how they must
ache at night and think "he never complains" but just keeps on going and doing his work.  No venting by him-He knows God is taking care of him.  Perhaps my Cane serves as a wonderful "spiritual reminder" to
trust God and know I am in HIS hands.

So its time to quit venting, step away from the Pain Train~~strengthen my body and spirit as I can and keep moving along.  I will get through this-one day at a time.

God be with those who suffer with Chronic Pain-help us all to find our way through the dark nights and lonely days of  Pain.  You are all in my prayers.

I wish you a blessed Christmas.  Let us all pause and give thanks for the Gift of Jesus.

martha

No comments:

Post a Comment