Thursday, December 13, 2012

Easier "Said" then Done~~~~

Taking a Hard Look at Myself!

Yesterday I blogged about "Giving it Everything you Have" as I connected with a photo taken during the fury of Hurricane Sandy and saw Medical Personnel working to hold life together for those who had nothing to fight with.  Thank God they were so dedicated~~think of the "Stories" they will share with their children and future grandkids.

I also shared about my own Doctor~~how wonderful she is and without question, I would be lost without her!  Yet it seems that Reality checks are always waiting for me-guess it goes with the Pain, and last night
my Wake up Call hit!  It was time to shut my computer down and head to bed~~ I had been sitting with my legs propped on the desk and when I rose to get out of my chair-my bad leg seemed to have vanished!!  It was completely Numb~~ Reality was here  "Well Kiddo-what are you going to do now?"  My office door was closed but I could hear the TV and figured a loud Shout for my husband would do the trick~~but after several times of yelling for him-I knew he was in his office and could not hear me.  Thank God for cellphones-I called him, calmly telling him I needed his assistance.  He came running to help me and the
leg began to feel as if it still belonged to my body. 

Humbled, Frightened, Freaked out~~ so many emotions flowing and then it hit me, I had written a blog post about "Giving it everything you Have" in Fighting back at Pain~~now I had to face a sudden reality of how it felt to have Nothing left in my leg-no support, just a cold Numb feeling.  It was time for a Reality
check of my thoughts- "Its okay to have some give and take in the Chronic Pain Battle" but all is not lost-its a period of change. I don't like it~~but I must face it.  

May the Lord watch over all who are suffering on this night.

Martha

1 comment:

  1. Martha, Great talking to you today, and I passed info about your blog onto our cousins Sally Ann and Robert. Your cousin, Howard

    ReplyDelete