Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Special Valentine Wish

  My Mom-about 17 years old 

This posting is more than just a wish On Valentines Day~~~~Moma passed away in June 2000 and though the years have flown by~~I think of her often and miss so many things about her.  First of all she loved Valentines Day-especially when it came to her grandchildren~~as she showered them with cards and candy, I felt like it was her own special way of celebrating another milestone of her life, because her birthday was Feb. 15th!!  

Perhaps she rolled it all into one big happy day-not wanting any special thing done for her-but instead always looking for ways to touch the little ones around her.  If she had a new grandchild-well they got a Valentines Card too~~I can almost hear my Dad telling her "Dorothy-that child is just a baby" but she  made sure a card was picked out~~and it had to be a special card, with a little something extra tucked in.

This is my favorite photo of Moma~~she was young and beautiful, not knowing what life would bring her way~but she was stubborn, proud, loving, caring and had a sense of humor I can only dream of having.
Now I can see lessons were being shared~~it seemed she always stayed up late into the night and I finally asked  "Moma, what are you doing?"  Her answer was simple~~~~~~~~
"I am praying for each of my children, I never miss a night and I am reading some too!"  

Thank you Moma~~~Happy Heavenly Birthday!  I know you are watching over us-always.

martha

1 comment:

  1. Happy "heavenly" Valentine's Day to you, dear Moma Dorothy. You did a good job raising Martha to be what she is.

    We know you are with God and is enjoying His eternal love in heaven.

    Martha, she is just a beauty indeed, and seeing those eyes, I can imagine the twinkle in them is sure fire-tough and smart.

    ReplyDelete