Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Shopping Excursion~~~not what it used to be!!

My husband needed to make a short trip to one of our nearby hill country towns and I wanted to go~~thinking all would be fine, I could stay in one store, do some browsing, maybe catch a bargain or two and be done!  Yes-a chance to get out of the house and feel normal~~~sounded easy, felt great, but the closer we got to the store, nagging doubts started creeping in as the Pain in my Neck began its job of getting my attention.  All I can say is "Bad Idea, Very Bad Idea to go shopping with a messed up Neck!"

Here we go~~Husband lets me out at store-I can't pull the doors open, thank goodness a nice man saw me reach for door, door falls out of my hand, nice man opens door.

Inside store-Pain in the Neck hits!  I keep moving, have no idea as to what I wish to look at, but see some winter shawls on sale, price is so low, I grab two of them!  Only to have them both fall to the floor (arm is weak because of Nerve being pinched in Neck) but I struggle to pick the goods up, and put one back so fast!

I am fading-as Pain is pounding in my Neck, and I go to look at some jewelry (its on sale too) and here comes a major Reality check~~~~when your Neck is hurting this bad-there is NO way you can look up, down, sideways-nothing!  As I walk away, I catch a store clerk watching me-not because I looked like I was going to do something bad~~but I think she was waiting to see me fall to the floor in agony!

Now all I can do is get this lovely winter wrap paid for and find my way outside, praying my husband has arrived early-the store clerk must have been given a page of some sorts because I have Never been checked out of a store so quick in my life!  Thank you God!

As I leave the store, my eyes searching for our vehicle, I see my husband turning into the store parking lot and now my miracle has arrived.  I drag my body toward him as the car door is opened and collapse into the seat.  Sweet husband asks "Well Dear, how did the shopping go today?" 
  
Pain changes everything~~~and I will never go shopping by myself again until this wicked Neck Pain gets better!

God bless.

Martha

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Martha! I wrap you in the warmth of my hug...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane~~~~
      Bless you!!!! I can "Feel" your loving Hug!! Lots of hard,hard lessons are flying my way each day--I could really get low about it~~but God has blessed me with loving friends who KNOW
      just how GOOD a loving HUG can feel....

      Thank you Diane-you said it perfectly!!

      Love & God's blessings I send your way! martha

      Delete
    2. Thank you, precious friend. I receive your love and blessings!

      P.S. I had to trudge in and out of stores today in the pouring rain with the wind whipping me. I feel like I've been beaten. Everything aches. What is about shopping? Joe always says it's the hard concrete floors and flourescent lighting. And in some cases the music. It's like my body recoils.

      Anyway...I hope you have are restful night.

      Delete
    3. you know- I think Joe is on the right track! Sometimes it feels as if we are walking into some strange land--nobody acts friendly, everybody rushing around, and its happening while this music is playing!!!

      Yes the lights are misery too-but I haven't noticed them as much lately because my head is
      looking DOWN at the floor constantly!!

      You had to shop and then battle the Rain---oh I am sorry Diane and without doubt your body had to be furious! I have you in my prayers, my friend.

      Love & hugs, martha

      Delete
  2. Martha so sorry your shopping day turned out so bad, but you have a nice shaw for your pain. Of course I am sure you would give it up for a few hours of no pain.

    I am thinking as I read this post of the shopping trip I have planned this evening and really dreading it. I have to get some new dress pants, and the sale is a great one so I am praying I find what I need right away. shopping has lost it's appeal, hard to find clothes I like, prices too high, too many people at the sales, bad lighting, etc. Sounds like it will be a battle, let you all know if I got what I wanted...

    Martha praying for you today...hoping your neck pain has eased some. You are a blessing to us women, your faith, your dependance on the Lord and even your hubby is a blessing to us...we are so glad you have him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty-
      I sure hope your shopping goes better than mine did. A lesson has been learned the HARD way for me--one more change I must make in my life as I keep adjusting to this PAIN.

      But I will be bringing my dear husband with me to do any shopping for clothes--its truly an eye-opener to have the Neck Pain affecting my arms just as the Pain in my leg has done.

      Keep shopping Betty-I hope you get something lovely picked out. Bless you my friend for your prayers- they are lifting me up, more than I can begin to say. Just know I am so grateful to have your loving friendship!

      (((hugs and blessings))) martha

      Delete
  3. Martha I did not come out of the shopping with pain except to our checking account. I had a hot flash in the store which I usually do when shopping for anytime over 15 minutes, not painful, just frustration. I did pick up a couple pretty springy looking tops. think I will wear it to church today. Did not sleep last night, fiber up a little, finally went to sleep in the recliner, but don't fee too bad yet!!!!!!! I hope you are feeling even a little relief today and can enjoy church. Love Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty~~
      YAHOO!! You were able to get some shopping done-regardless of the Hot Flashes---I think clothing stores NEED to have a "Walk In Cooler" for us women who suddenly need to find a really COLD place, in a BIG hurry!!!! So sorry you had to fight the non-sleep battle too. I finally pushed myself, draped my beautiful Wrap around me, threw a bit of makeup on and followed my dear husband into church.

      Delete