Friday, February 8, 2013

I Thought it was a Good Idea~~~~~

Living with Chronic Pain is rough-no doubting that fact, but there can be humor that comes when you least expect it.  I don't feel like cooking-and I thank the Lord my dear husband is willing to step into the kitchen so we do not starve!  Last night for a brief period-I suddenly felt like putting a meal together and managed to do it without making the Pain in my neck get mad and keep me up all night.  Everything came out fine-I kept asking my husband "are you sure its all done, does it taste okay?"  He looked at me and said "Now I think these repeated questions might be showing up because it Has been a while since you cooked-but trust me dear Wife-Its fine and I am proud of you!"

It was music to my ears, a brief feeling of normalcy again but later as I headed for bed, my Neck made sure to send a reminder with extra Pain kicking in.  There it is-frustration and pride all mixed together!  I get upset because I have to stop and think before I act~~something I never had to worry about until the Bulging Disc showed up-so I keep learning how to adjust.

My husband will be the first to tell anybody that when Martha gets on a roll~~just step aside and let her go, because my determination to accomplish a task is strong~~ being able to cook a meal stirred old memories of being in the kitchen, cooking up a storm and having fun!  Tonight I had a bright idea to make a desert for us-I just knew no assistance would be required from my husband.

He is watching television as I am pulling all the ingredients together-recipe in hand~~as I forgot about reaching up, grabbing the items I needed.  Pain waited to get my attention~~~my glasses were in another room and as I picked them up, a Wave of Pain  hit as if a Knife was stuck between my shoulder blades!
I will not deny it~~my pride falling one more time because of Pain.

Somehow I think my husband was quietly waiting-to give me every chance to do something normal and yet
worried of what could happen. Before I rounded the corner, he has a gentle smile on his handsome face and says "So-how about some help with making that desert?"  We both walk to the kitchen as I am babbling away as to how I just knew this was something I could do on my own~~~but Pain has its grasp on my neck and there is no getting around that.

We had FUN tonight as the dish was made and now it will be a late night sampling of our creation.  All of this journey is a learning process~~~so yes, I think it was a Great Idea to make Desert tonight.  Without any doubt, I can say this was my great Joy moment for this day.

It is one step at a time when living with Pain--but keep looking up and know I am praying for all who are suffering-I ask God to help you find a moment or two of relief.  Please say One prayer for me too.

God bless you.

Martha

6 comments:

  1. Martha, my dearest,

    How I miss you from here. I got a little time to myself with the internet after my work for this day is done.

    I am happy to tell you that my office connection is restored due to some online payments and reporting for the government that are mandatory. So I make a point to visit you my dear friend because I long to be here and know what is going on around you and to our other COF members.

    Good to read about the cooking and the baking "joy moment" you had. It is okay because you were able to carry on with the meal. So having fun with the desert with Matt would be a "joy-thing-to-do-together."

    I am particularly aware of the happy note this post sounds. Thanks for your prayers and know that I can't let a day go without thinking of you too. My hugs to you and my regards to Matt. Hope that he is doing fine himself. Keep up blessing others above your own and I believe God is sending you for this purpose so that others may thrive knowing He is always after our good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolita--
      What a joyous moment you have sent me today!! Hearing from you touches my heart-I was
      heart-broken when it became so hard for you to have access at the computer. You help us to
      understand the ups and downs of computers in your part of the world~~when here we can reach out and "Touch"the computer with very little trouble. I wish it was easier for you--because you have so much Love to share with others.....

      It was a fun night to cook--and I was able to do it in spite of Pain and the time spent with Matt was precious.

      I will be dropping in for a visit at your blog site!! Stay well and know you are in my prayers and
      I send you a BIG HUG!!! love,martha

      Delete
  2. This was an honest sweet post, a picture of team work...a look into how something so simple can cause joy and pain at the same time. Well written my friend. Extra blessing was to see Lolita on your post...have missed her. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dear Betty!!
      Wonderful to hear from you and always grateful for the loving words you send my way. You
      seem to have such a loving way of seeing things as they really are.. "Something so simple
      does bring Joy and Pain to me at the same time" and I do not like it--not one bit!!

      I have said this too many times lately--I am struggling with these new Pains--and I do mean Struggling!!!! I never wanted this, I did not ask for it, I dreaded the thought of the Neck Pain ever showing up in my life--and here it is. So-time to stop whining---life is still out there and if I can have FUN cooking with my dear Matt--I believe God is showing me HOPE.

      all my love Betty!! martha

      Delete
    2. Amen to the HOPE God is showing you and Matt as well as to us. Keep that line of thoughts up, my dear sister. God loves us too much to be always after what is good and light for us. But this world we live in which has gone too far away from the intimate garden which He had designed for us originally. It has become pain-laden and difficult for us but nevertheless farther than our trust in His care.

      Hugs to you today. I am gonna hop and pop-up at Diane's and Betty's soon, soon.... I am excited. But I have not yet touched my blog... soon too that will come.

      Delete
    3. Hi Sweet Lolita!!

      Yes I am learning many New lessons about the word HOPE and how important it is to keep a good outlook as I go through learning how to deal with the New Pains now added to my list.

      I read your words and a comparison of the Pain-laden world hits me as my Physical Pain gets really bad as the day wears on and my head starts to feel as if its a bowling ball and I need to stretch out so I don't have to hold it up!! Amazing machine God created-the body-its strong~~~~~with roots that go all the way back to the Garden.....

      Thank you Lolita-your words are so helpful-and I do drink them in! It will be a happy day to see you back blogging!

      Bless you with love and hugs, martha

      Delete