Sunday, February 3, 2013

Prayer & Pain--which one will Win?

I never know when the New Pain is going to drop by- the old Pain is always on the Radar-that familiar burning feeling doing its thing~~~ when a Sharp, Stabbing sensation screams for my full attention--all I can say is "where the heck did that come from?"

We were at church this evening and I turned to greet a friend-never thinking something so simple would  bring on Monster Pain~~I tried to ignore the loud silent scream my body was making, the throbbing ache growing by the second-as I heard my husband whisper "What is going on-are you okay?"

 New Pain won, plain and simple!   I slumped against my husband, asking for the car keys~~~~knowing all I wanted to do was get home, crawl inside my pjs and turn the heating pad on!  God was with me~~a caring lady suddenly was  beside me as I struggled to get inside the car~~~all she wanted to do was help me-she had the door opened and quietly said "You are too Young to have this much Pain in your life!"

Her words had struck home~yet we both knew, there is no place I can hide to get away from this Pain~~
 I saw my husband walking quickly up the road-and Prayer had its place as I whispered "Thank you God." 

God please help all who battle against Chronic Pain.

martha

No comments:

Post a Comment