Wednesday, February 6, 2013

It can be a real "pain" to explain Chronic Pain

I am sitting at a meeting-pushing myself to attend, but my aching body screams silently-as I can only dream of how wonderful it would feel to be leaning against a heating pad~~letting all thoughts leave my mind as I face total exhaustion from another hard day of trying to battle this unending Pain.    Instead here I sit with others as our church is going through the process of building a new facility and I struggle to hear the latest news-but Pain is dragging me away, as I realize my nerves are frayed-I am so very tired.

It dawns on me someone  is standing beside me, asking how I am feeling (one look at the dark circles under my eyes should answer her question)  I try to give a reply-but its obvious excitement is building as  she starts to tell me about  a cure to end my sixteen+ years of Chronic Pain.  

People do not like to see a fellow human being suffering right before their eyes and its only natural to have a desire to help~~She tells me of a guaranteed Cure-someone who suffered for years with Back Pain drank a bottle of Tonic Water and their Pain was Gone!   Praise God for this person being free of Pain--but its not that simple for another who suffers with Pain-we are all different, after all-thats how God made us!

This is where the cold truth of my life with Chronic Pain hits me~Its a Real Pain to Explain Chronic Pain~~ So I manage a polite "thank you" and wonder~~what would people think if I were to just lay my head on the table, and mumble "Go on with the meeting-I am listening!"

Would anybody really understand? 

We understand and have a simple request-please say a prayer for us "God help those who must suffer with Pain!"  Your prayer helps to get us through the worst moments of  Pain.

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment