Sunday, February 20, 2011

How DO others cope with Chronic Pain?

Whenever I see people in Chronic PAIN, I always wonder about their coping skills. They probably range from walking the floor, late night TV viewing, calming hot tea in those lonely hours of the night, Internet surfing, sitting under a hot blanket,  perhaps MORE pain medication, and PRAYER.

It's not for me to judge anyone as to how they fight their own private WAR with Chronic Pain because you do not KNOW what others are going through until you've walked in THEIR shoes! I think it's one of the reasons we are so able to "tune in" to a fellow human being in PAIN. 

But people will JUDGE, and the unthinking words they say can do great damage. People who've known me for years have seen me and said, "There's NOTHING wrong with you. Gee, you look just fine!" My come back answer is very simple: "LOOKS can BE deceiving!" 

Now as I go through some of the hard days and people see me, they have compassion in their comments. Some will offer to say a PRAYER for me. I THANK them and cling to that offer of help through PRAYER.

Please know for those of you suffering daily with Chronic Pain, my prayer goes out to you! I pray you have even a SECOND of relief each day and find a moment of JOY. Do not GIVE UP.  Fight BACK hard against PAIN! 

I, for one, will NOT let PAIN BEAT me.

No comments:

Post a Comment