Friday, February 11, 2011

Pain frustration

Anyone who lives with chronic pain knows what severe weather changes can do. You dread to see bad weather coming because the PAIN battle gets extra hard! Today, while talking with a dear friend, out of frustration I blurted out: "By God, I will get through this!" Instantly, those words hit me, and although I could still hear my friend chatting away, my mind was taking those words apart. 

Were these words of ANGER? PAIN had really played a hard game with me today, and so out came the words. But I started thinking, and it hit me...YES...I will get through this, and it is by God's grace.
 
You can be very spiritual, and yet living with Chronic Pain will put your faith to the test! I have stood in my kitchen on one of my WORST days, stomping and kicking the floor, while looking upward and yelling, "Is this the BEST You can do?" Then instantly, I feel shame for feeling like that. But as I go through this journey of Pain, I continue to learn that it's okay to be angry, cry, and RAGE against this invisible foe–PAIN. But I don't let those feelings take over. Instead, I choose to battle right back and work hard to find just one single moment of the day that I can feel joy. 
 
I have to live with chronic pain, but PAIN WON'T BEAT ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment