Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"Say ONE for me, and I will say ONE for you!"

There is a silent language that flows among people battling chronic pain. Words usually are not spoken. All it takes is a GLANCE, a brief second to see the eyes of another weary and tired from battling PAIN. Yes, we also can spot each other in our slow walk, a touching of an aching back, the lines of exhaustion on a face, needing to sit down from the PAIN, and yet the determined struggle to get past the PAIN.

Today, my Good Friend helped me draft a PRAYER section for my Chronic Pain blog. I wanted this to be a part of my blog because I know without a DOUBT that it's only by PRAYER that I make it through each day. When I am walking the floor in the dark of night, sometimes the Prayer is simply, GOD HELP ME. This is my faith I lean on, and as I've been on this PAIN journey, people would see me and ask, "What can I do to help you?" I would usually just say, "Oh, I'll get through it" and keep on going. But a thought began to surface and so I started responding with this simple request: "Please, just say ONE prayer for ME, and I will say ONE for YOU. That is ALL I ask!"  

At first, people were speechless when they heard these words, but all promised to do the ONE prayer! I don't know if they all said the ONE prayer, but for those who did, each prayer helped  me and continues to. 

So now when I meet someone who is suffering with Chronic Pain, I find the courage to speak, ask how their day is and tell them to HANG IN THERE. Then I say: "Tell you what, say ONE prayer for ME and I will say ONE for YOU!" There is no look of shock, but instead the eyes speak a huge THANK YOU...someone cared enough to say a prayer.

I have to live with Chronic Pain each day, but it WILL not beat me! May God give everyone the courage to battle back against Chronic Pain. My JOY for today has been to share "Say ONE for me, and I will say ONE for YOU."

No comments:

Post a Comment