Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Why me, Lord? Why?

Here I am, after all these years, STILL asking this question on my lowest of days. Let's face it...it was ME who fell out of the tree! But I'm learning, as the years go by, that my REAL question  is WHY must I suffer so much? Why ME?

I'm not perfect. I make mistakes all the time in lots of things. My heart is good, and I try hard to treat people as I would like to be treated. I work everyday to live a faith-based life. So why can't I get a PASS on CHRONIC PAIN?

The simple fact is this: I am no different than the thousands of people around this world who fight the Battle of CHRONIC PAIN. We each have different ways of coping, and all of us have our failures. The key for me is to keep getting back up each day and take the FIGHT back to PAIN!

But it is NOT an easy battle. All we can each hope for is to find the grace to not allow PAIN to BEAT US and to always look for just a moment of JOY.  Today I walked outside–even though the PAIN was trying to chew me up–and enjoyed the sunshine. I pray we all keep working to find JOY.

I DO live with Chronic Pain, but it won't BEAT me!

No comments:

Post a Comment