Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Can You Make it Go Away??

Somewhere long ago during my childhood, I learned this little song and it has stayed with me to this very day,

Rain Rain Go Away!
Come again some Other Day.

More words go with it but I am inserting New Words- here in Texas, the Last thing we want is for any Rain we are blessed with to go away!  Its a joyous moment when we here that beautiful sound of Thunder, followed by Rain coming down-our land has been scorched by the long summer heat!

So now I sing my song with these words,

Pain, Pain Go Away!
Please stop Showing Up each Day.
Pain, Pain Go Away!
Dear God, please hear me Pray..

Its the best I could do in trying to "sing" my way out of the continual Pain Cycle I am in lately.  There isn't any particular reason I can grab onto as to why the Pain is raging-this is it-so I strive hard to
push myself through the day, working to get around the Pain-finally realizing its time to lay down, rest and 
Pray the night goes better.

You see-its like this:  I can't Run from the Pain, Hide from the Pain, Beat the Pain out of my body, Cry my heart out from the Pain, and I can't Give into the Pain, to let it grab all of me.
For me- Pain is like carrying a large Elephant on my back-its always there and I can't shake it off, no matter how Hard I try.  It would be very easy to give up the fight-yes, I could just quit fighting  and stay in my chair, but that is not me-I still remember "Martha- before the Fall" and pieces of her are still here!

That's why I chose my motto:
Pain Won't Beat Me

I will not allow this Pain to take all of me, there is so much still to do and see and feel in this world, and I am 
determined to taste the moments of Joy that come my way!  Today I rose from my chair, and stepped outside, forcing myself to take a walk down our driveway.  Doesn't sound like that big a deal, but for me-walking is always a Big Deal-as I opened the door, suddenly a huge flock of birds rose from a nearby tree and began a graceful pattern of flight over our house-I stood to watch the beauty of their movements, how they dipped downward, then flying back up and it made me SMILE!

Pain followed me during my walk, but thats okay. 

God be with all who are suffering.  
martha


No comments:

Post a Comment