Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Its Okay to Ask for Help~~~~~~

Wait just a second-did I really type those words, Its Okay to Ask For Help? Yep-the words finally came out after another wicked battle with Pain! It feels like Pain had a real Party with my Body and yet stood Waiting to see if I could pull myself up and stagger back to the Pain Arena.
Part of me feels like the first Rocky Movie Character-beaten to a pulp and all I want to do is scream 

"Help, for the love of God, Somebody Make this Pain Go Away!"

The last few days have been horrendous-when living with Chronic Pain, you get in a pattern of sorts-as you work through each Battle, thinking "Okay-that was Rough, so it can't Get any Worse" and before I can find a few moments to relax, here is PAIN-pulling at me, new parts of my body now throbbing, the leg is so weak- I am walking with a Limp, and Sleep has become a Joke-I  want to yell at this Pain
 "Go Away, just Go Away and leave me Be!"  

I did everything possible to stay Busy-working on my Embroidery, reading, computer browsing-but nothing 
was working-the day wore on and I could feel my spirits sinking-like quicksand surrounded me and I was not getting out of this mess, unless I let my "tough it out" Guard down to ask for Help!

My husband would do anything possible to take this Pain from me, but he too is reduced to watching from the sidelines, knowing all he can do is Pray. The Battle is messy-I wonder if my husband is starting to see real signs of Battle Fatigue in me- after all, I am not any different from others-we are all  very human and Frail at times.  Finally I found my way out of the Quicksand-I didn't need an invisible Stick to pull me out-just my Words-as I looked up from my Computer Screen and saw~~~

Pain Won't Beat Me

I grabbed my cellphone to call a childhood friend-she answered and I spoke those needed words-
"Listen, I am Okay-well not really, this Pain is giving me a Thrashing-So if you aren't too Busy, I just need to talk for a few minutes---I am so Tired of Hurting all the Time!"
She listened with Love- knowing how hard it is for me to ask for Help, and gave me the Best gift-

"Martha, you will never let that Pain beat You." 

Joyful Laughter filled the air as we shared precious time together- a silent thought filled my heart, I thanked God for giving me a gentle nudge forward, reminding me 
Its Okay to Ask For Help!

God, Please help all who must live with Chronic Pain each day! 
martha


No comments:

Post a Comment