Monday, September 10, 2012

New Faces at Pain Clinic~~~~~

It was my day to get injections for the Burning Leg Pain-so we arrived before the doors even opened!  Lets be honest, who feels like getting up at 4:00am, then driving 45 miles into a big city, battling traffic-all to get "beat up" from Painful needles filled with medication!  

I am always watching as people come dragging in, waiting to get signed in, then called back for "blessed relief" from their Pain-but today was very different as time went by and it hit me, I am the only Adult in the place-why are so many babies coming in with their parents?  Then it hit me-the babies were there to get Ear Tubes, some toddlers would be having Tonsils removed!

They lay in the arms of loving, anxious parents-who were facing having to hand their child over to a nurse and then sit down to wait and worry as their baby could be heard wailing loud and clear from the procedure rooms!

I wanted to say something-anything to help ease the fears, but I know first hand that when you are worried about your child, nothing will ease that worry until you have them back in your arms.  Nurses were trying to ease the parents fears but it was not working as I watched Moms dab at tears flowing, knowing they would do anything to keep their children from Pain.

Thats when it hit really hard-Pain doesn't care if you are young, old, or in between-when its your turn to get hit with Pain, all you can do is live with it, work to find why the Pain is there and seek the best medical treatment possible.

But you can't really tell all of that to a baby-they Hurt and boy can they cry!  Every person in the waiting room would grimace with each cry that was heard, and all I could do was hope the procedure would go quickly for their child and they could go back to comfort the tears.

Its never boring at the Pain Clinic-and I continue meeting new faces, seeing the familiar ones and hear the Nurse ask "Where is your Pain at today?"

 "My Pain is exactly where its been for the Past Sixteen Years!"

Today I ask the Lord to comfort the little ones who suffer-and please watch over them!
martha


  

No comments:

Post a Comment