Thursday, September 27, 2012

Why must People suffer so much~~~

I write tonight with a heavy heart~~ as a dear friend is seriously ill from complications following major surgery.  Her precious husband has been right beside her and when I heard his voice tonight, so much was said~~ not in words, but in the aching sound of his voice.  They are both in the "golden" years of life and probably never dreamed a nightmare like this would come their way.

My heart is screaming "Go see them now" yet my body begs for my attention "Its a round trip of 400 miles- Pain is going to beat you up!"  Anger simmers  beneath the surface as I must face the reality of what my body can tolerate- its a Cold Slap in the Face as I realize this is the way things are now.  I feel so helpless-at a loss of not being able to help these wonderful people more, and the question rises over and over~~ Why do People Suffer so Much?

We want answers during times of great illness and heartbreaking worry~~but the answers do not come.  It hits me that none of us can control these times-God is the Shepherd and HE is with us.  As I sit here-my eyes kept glancing over at the Bible I keep nearby, ready for me to open and find HIS words~~~~~

                            ~~~~~~~~ I opened it up and my eyes fell to a verse~~~~~~~

  "Psalm 46~~~ God is our Refuge and our Strength, an ever present help in Distress."

These words will be with me tonight and throughout the days to come as I pray for God's will to be done and ask that HE hold my dear friends tightly in HIS loving Arms.

I pray for all who are suffering on this night and ask God to watch over you.  If you can, please say One Prayer for my dear Friends.  Thank you.  martha

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Martha, I can feel your frustration...

    Chronic pain limits us for sure. That is the hardest thing to grapple with, I think. And it does produce anger. And a grieving at the loss of what we were once capable of doing.

    I'm so glad God's Word was by your side. That was an awesome Scripture He gave you. I will be praying that Word for your friends.

    God bless your compassionate heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane-
      Thank you for such loving words.. You said it all-Physical Pain is tough, but the changes we keep facing are some of the hardest adjustments to make.

      I know God is with me-just as I know HE is watching over my dear friends. The Scripture was amazing-all I did was simply open my Bible and the words were there! A blessing!

      Take care of yourself and rest a bit! So good to hear from you.

      (((hugs & blessings)))
      martha

      Delete
  2. Martha,
    Even though you can't be with them physically, you CAN be there with them in the spirit through prayer. God has shown me that so much over the years of my prayers "for the stranger" - giving me a picture sometimes of how He could take my prayers and use them as if i were right there holding his hand in prayer. The Holy Spirit with him, the Holy Spirit with me...in that prayer. As you pray, know that He makes your prayers move across all barriers of distance in that same way...as though you were right there with them, and His Spirit over you all. I am praying for your friends too.

    Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam-
      Yes-I fully understand just how powerful Prayer can be-no matter if we are standing right beside our loved ones-or a vast distance away. Its very painful to know this dear friend is enduring so much suffering---But God is in control and HE is holding her closely.

      I cherish your words of "Our Prayers move across all barriers of distance" and its true. I am leaning on Faith and just praying for her suffering to ease. It means a great deal to me that you are praying for her too.

      God bless you for each word of Prayer you speak.....

      ((blessings))
      martha

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean, Martha. The man I prayed for went through hell this last year with chemo... now, all I can think is how free of that he is and how much the Lord loves him. I know what you said is so true, the Lord is holding your friend close, and I'm so glad she knows Him. That makes all the difference... I will keep praying. Yes, I always knew power in prayer, but when God put that picture in my mind of how he can make our long distance prayers as though we were right in the same room, it moved me deeply. Bless you for your heart for this friend. God will bless that tremendously. It is His heart between you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam-
      Your words are filled with such love and Spiritual meaning that helps so many to understand the true simplicity of loving God- all we have to do is TRUST-and then reach for HIS hand.

      This has been hard-I ache for all this lovely woman is going through and all I can do is pray for HIS will to be done. How different this world could be if we really understood the True meaning of Love and how God is always ready to be there for us.

      Saying the word THANKS seems shallow-there is much more I would like to say but for right now-all I can do is praise you for offering prayers up to HIM for my dear friend. It means so much and I will be forever grateful.

      God will bless you Pam-I have NO doubt about that.

      (((hugs and blessings)))
      martha

      Delete