Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Pain List~~~

I decided to make a List about Pain-with the latest New Pain rushing into my world, it has felt like I am back at Square One and must start all over again-things like Why I am hurting so much in places that never hurt before, and facing hard facts of what my future holds.  Each person who lives with Chronic Pain has their own way of Coping, dealing with the daily ups and downs~~my Personal List is not meant as a "Do it My Way List" because I am like a toddler, trying to learn those first steps~~~~~

Everything Pain Has Taken From Me
A Genuine Smile
Sleeping without Pain
Riding a Lawnmower
Being Able to Clean my Home-by myself
Taking a Plane trip with my Husband
Taking a Long Drive with my Husband
Dancing with my Husband
Gardening
Being able to enjoy a simple Hug with my Husband

Coping with Pain
Praying each day for God's Help 
Learning how to use a Walking Cane
Letting go of Pride
Living with a constant lack of Sleep
Listening to "Advice" from others-and being thankful for it
Learning everything possible about My Pain
Working with my Doctors-not Against them
Accepting Physical Changes that Chronic Pain brings

Living with Chronic Pain
Never Give Up-we all have our own inner courage
Keep Praying-especially in the worst moments of Pain
Reach out to others-ask them to pray for you
Take Life one simple day at a time


I kept this list short in Living with Chronic Pain~~~because Pain keeps changing each day now for me.  Its been so hard to "accept" my New Pains that seemed to JUMP into my life with no warning and I don't have a clue as to any wonderful solutions-I am on a path with Pain and must follow it.

Last night at church as I sat wrapped in horrific Pain-I could barely find words of prayer~~~so I went with the simple one:  "Dear Lord, Please help me."  

I keep you in my prayers-and I need you to please keep me in yours.  

martha







4 comments:

  1. Well written, Martha! Your lists very simply but powerfully tell how chronic pain is changing your life and robbing you of even the most basic pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- and a person reaches a point where they are unwilling to allow more of the real Person they are still trying to hold together--that anger rises easily when the medical profession can't hear the sound of REAL FEAR screaming to be heard..... Just one more "PIECE" being taken away---until we rise up and say ENOUGH---all the while praying you will be heard...

      I am learning People have a very HARD time to just STOP and listen. Thank you for the positive words Sheryl.

      love, martha

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Diane--Those simple words of prayer-- Mean so very much and HE hears them.

      God bless you for the prayers Diane.

      Love, Martha

      Delete