Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Describing the NERVE............

Well this should be an easy one, my mind goes quickly to phrases heard over the years "Oh my, the Nerve of that Person saying things to me!"  " Heh, You are getting on my Nerves!"  "I have One Nerve left and its about to Blow!"  "She looks like her Nerves are Shot!"  Comments like these are said-not stopping to consider how much Hurt they bring. Many have heard this sing-song phrase "Sticks and Stones can break my Bones, But Words will Never Hurt Me!"

 Moma repeated these words to me many times and yet also had her own unique perspective on things-
"Martha Lynn-Remember to always Turn the Other Cheek!"  Okay-I understood that clearly-suddenly she added words that took me a long time to understand- "But when you Turn that Cheek, you better figure on Getting Whip Lash!"  Yet even Moma would have those moments only a Mother can have-
"If you Kids don't get quiet, I am about to lose my Last Nerve!"  I recall thinking, how does a Person lose a Nerve?  But I made sure to never ask her!

So how can I take these verbal examples of describing the word-NERVE- and link it to Physical Pain coming from a Damaged Nerve?  Wow-not that hard-I start with my Sciatic Nerve, linking it with "Heh, this constant Pain is really Getting on My Nerve!"  After sixteen years of non-stop Pain, its easy to compare my Nerve Pain with "This One Nerve feels like its about to Blow" and the best one- "That Gal looks like her Nerve is Shot for good!"


I sat here typing, look out my window to see Dark clouds forming-suddenly realizing "Martha-your Butt started Burning ten minutes ago-but you ignored it" just confirmation of my trusty Weather Predicting
Body telling me Rain is Coming!  Then it hits me "I am sitting on my Sciatic Nerve-the one I damaged forever" as I remember my recent Web Surfing-finding a strong explanation of Nerve Damage, and it hits me-my body is simply sending a message to me-letting me know my old Friend, The Sciatic Nerve is never leaving! 

My definition of the Nerve is simple-The Sciatic Nerve is the most Wicked Nerve in the Body!  So be careful about climbing a ladder, tree, standing on a chair-take my advice, this is One Nerve you do Not want to Mess with!

I keep all who suffer with Pain in prayer!  God bless.

Martha




2 comments:

  1. I don't know why I didn't think to suggest this type of "chairs" to you before. I have one of these for my desk. It takes the pressure off of your spine, off of your butt, as you rest on your knees. Here is a link of one on the internet, so you can see the photo. It looks weird, but it is so comfy. Mine has tempurpedic cushions. Nice! Maybe it would help a little.

    Here is the link: http://www.chiropractorcarbondale.com/alternatives-to-sitting-in-a-desk-chair/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have Been to this Chair and back! thanks for the suggestion.
      My leg has nothing left in it for strength-meaning I can't put any true pressure on it-nothing.

      My Sciatic Pain would hurt-even if I went up in a Space Capsule and floated for a long time!!

      It is trapped by Scar Tissue-Damaged from too much Scar Tissue-in plain tough words-nothing to do but live with the Pain.

      But you know-strange as this might sound-Its okay. I have accepted this fact-lets be honest-sixteen years has a way of getting your attention!

      Not everybody can be healed. But we can still keep moving, be active in our life and not let Pain have all of us.

      I thank God each night for the courage He gives me!

      Bless you for this idea. Maybe I will find a desk where I can stand as I type??? Who Knows???

      Take care. Glad this chair helps you. blessings.

      Martha

      Delete