Friday, July 20, 2012

What am I supposed to do now?

Recently I took a much needed Break from Blogging-my body has screamed at me "Slow Down", so I threw a Curve Ball at Pain and my decision was made!  Thats when it hit me "What am I supposed to do now?"  Sure I could rest-but the irony of taking a break was twisted-Pain refuses to leave me alone as  doubts rose-worry filled me- what  if my fighting spirit had also taken a sudden detour? Each night as I dragged my Bone-weary Body to bed, I turned to prayer, "Dear Lord, Please help me with this Pain!"
I know HE hears my prayer, as I been so blessed with an abundance of Strength & Courage!  

I ignored the signs of being Tired for too long- my eyes once filled with a Sparkle, now dull and tired-the result of living with Pain! During a recent visit with a dear friend, Courage suddenly helped me find my voice- "I get really Tired from fighting this Battle!" It felt like a Boulder had been lifted off my back- as my Friend remained Silent-giving me a precious gift-Listening without Offering any Suggestions! Words poured out of me, all running together-" I am afraid I will lose the Fight Inside me" my words coming to an abrupt Halt- I now sat silent, feeling lost and so afraid.  Another blessing came my way as She took a long look at my tired eyes, slumped body, as I squirmed in the chair, trying to move around to avoid the Burn in my Leg, and I heard words filled with Love "Its Okay to take a break Martha-None of us understand your Battle-but it might be a good idea if you just stopped and did Nothing!"


 The next day I received an email from this amazing woman-filled with words I shall cherish forever:

She spoke of how falling from the tree changed both the course and context of my life-with Pain now providing the shades, shadows, and textures of each day.  Good Pain Day, Bad Pain Day-this context making my life different from a majority of people!  


Then she gave a image-comparing me to a Football player, staggering down the field with a 300 lb. invisible tackle on my back.  People shouting "Go Martha, Just Do It, Score those Points" nobody understanding the Hard Row I have to Hoe.  Not only the Pain-but a world filled with people who do not understand how Pain re-routes my Life.  


When I finished reading her words, I sat and pounded my chest-tears pouring from my heart as it hit me "Oh My God-Somebody truly Understands!"

God bless all who suffer with Pain, no matter the cause-I pray God will wrap His arms around you!

martha herden




8 comments:

  1. And for us, Martha. We need to know how you are too. We want to cheer you on. Even if our pain is so little compared to what you are in, we could magnify it a thousand times, then that would be how we understand your pain.

    I once told you that I have little aches too, and that is bearable but sometimes could make me sleepless..... HOW MUCH MORE FOR MARTHA? I think about it and you, and led me to God in prayer.

    So we too, the COF, urges you to go on, Martha. Remember, you said that pain won't beat you! So help us God. We all all in this together.

    Love to be hearing from you. Sending you my hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolita-
      So GOOD to see your Name! Thank you for these words!

      Yes, PAIN WON'T BEAT ME! I know God is with me......

      Blessings to you!

      martha

      Delete
  2. I cannot possibly understand but I do have empathy. Please forgive me if my words have ever been callous or flippant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane!
      It feels so good to be "blogging" again. I thank you for these kind words and many prayers.

      God bless...

      (((martha)))

      Delete
  3. You're back...and you brought your friend...pain in the butt. You amazes me my friend...I love you honestsy, love your wise courageous heart. It feels good to us too that you are blogging again. Looking forward to reading future post. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty-
      The gal who knows one of my "Favorite" words--COURAGE!!! Thank you so much for the special Gift! I have a Necklace with a Special Medal On it (Mary-Jesus' Mom) and when this arrived, it only took me a few minutes to KNOW where I wanted your COURAGE gift to be.

      I am thrilled to be back blogging! Yes-I brought old "Pain in the Butt" along with me!!

      So stay tuned for future weather predictions!!!

      BLessings your way too!
      Martha

      Delete
  4. I am so glad you feel uplifted with strength and courage, Martha! We have all been praying just that for you. Prayer like this reminds of the friends of the paralytic who lifted him up on the roof to take to Jesus for healing. May you keep feeling that uplift, especially His uplifting arms. Glad to "hear" your voice again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam-
      It is wonderful to be blogging again! I am so grateful for all the prayers.

      I pray God watch over you also.

      Blessings.

      Martha

      Delete